Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member - Anyone With Silver Line Knowledge

New Member - Anyone With Silver Line Knowledge 1 year 8 months ago #146952

Hi, new member here...

Signed up to see if there is anyone out there with knowledge, opinions, tips, etc. regarding Silver Line fiberglass boats. I work in construction and there's an abandoned Silver Line Maverick 15 on our recently purchased property. I'd like to obtain this watercraft the proper way through Michigan law; ultimately to get a title. Currently submitting forms in attempt to contact the rightful owner. If no luck, I may just hook up and go.

On to the boat... Attached are a few pics.
Pretty sure based on the logo and model it's a 1964 Silver Line Maverick 15.
Outboard is a 1984 Johnson 40HP 2 Stroke SS (Model #J40ECR)

Definitely needs attention to the gel coat. Slight crack in the hull near the water line; based on research this seems repairable. Worked the outboard motor up and down to check the transom, it seems sturdy still. Glass windshield still intact. Most of the chrome accessories (as far as I know) are still attached. Haven't checked the condition of the floor, assuming issues. Hope is that stringers are still okay.

I'm completely a boater amateur, never owned one in my life but, there's something about this one that's calling me to bring it back to life. It's a cool looking vintage boat that I cannot seem to find much info on. There's a Silver Line website (silverlineboats.org) but it doesn't seem to be managed anymore.

Just wondering if there are any other 60's - 70's Silver Line owners out there with info on these classics such as, part availability or salvage locations, common problems, restoration tips, etc. Want to give this a shot but would be nice to hear from others too.

Thanks for your time (if you got this far)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member - Anyone With Silver Line Knowledge 1 year 8 months ago #146953

The following user(s) said Thank You: rebar03

New Member - Anyone With Silver Line Knowledge 1 year 8 months ago #146958

Thanks jimandros,

Already checked out that site. Pretty informative but, I don't believe it's active anymore. Signup links and webmaster addresses are obsolete. Fiberglassics looks to have plenty of informative posts, I'll start digging here. May not be specific to Silver Line boats but, it covers a wide spectrum of restoration advice. Thanks for responding!

New Member - Anyone With Silver Line Knowledge 1 year 7 months ago #147132

I have a DeVille 15 with an 80 hp Mercruiser stern drive. Haven't really done much with it but hope to someday.
There used to be a Silverline Yahoo group but that went away, as far as I know, with the shutdown of Yahoogroups. It wasn't very active.
The hull seems solid enough but needs the floor replaced and possibly the transom.
The Renault engine stern drive is a bit of a challenge as they haven't been made since 1972 and finding parts is a challenge but not impossible. I have considered conversion to outboard power.
Best,
am

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)