Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 Hammond El Dorado

1978 Hammond El Dorado 2 weeks 4 days ago #140514

Ive found what I think is a 1978 El Dorado that has been in storage for 20 years. Physically in excellent condition. I would say a 9 out of 10. We dont know how long its been since the engine has been cranked. Maybe over 15-20 years. The inboard engine looks fantasic. Even the hoses look fresh and its very clean. Im not sue what the engine is maybe a 302? Does anyone know if this boat has any value as a classic boat? I'm not a boat guy but I called a local Marina and he didnt want to work on it, had never heard of Hammond and said parts would be impossible to find. I could buy it for $1000 maybe a little less but if I did it would probably be to flip. Love your input. i have included a STOCK photo of the boat but it almost looks as good.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1978 Hammond El Dorado 2 weeks 4 days ago #140515

Hammonds are a company Bob Hammond started after he left Glastron , which he co founded . They were well built for their time but are still susceptible to the same things boats from that era suffer from , mostly rotten wood . If the boat is complete , all trim and badging , all the other parts are off the shelf available . As far as value throw up some pictures .
If you can grab a 9 out of 10 Hammond for a grand or less , i wouldn't hesitate .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russella

1978 Hammond El Dorado 2 weeks 3 days ago #140519

I should be able to get some pics in a couple days. It really seems like a time capsule to me. Thanks for the input

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Aqua bird steering wheel
( / Wanted)

Aqua bird steering wheel
08-17-2019

1958 13' Wizard "Wasp"