Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138127

Hello everyone,
My family was recently given this boat from my wife's stepdad, but other than being from the 60s (we think) there is no information about the make and model. At some point, it was repowered with a 1976 850 Mercury. I cannot locate any marks or serial numbers anywhere. Can anyone identify it from the photos I have attached? The boat measures around 16 and 1/2 feet.
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138129

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome aboard.
Are there any numbers stamped on the starboard side of transom outside? (upper right hand corner)
What about taking the registration number that is on the bow and running it through the state/province where it was registered. They should have some type of record.

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138130

Hi
Thanks for the ideas.
I have not found any numbers or other id marks on the transom or elsewhere. Nothing came back from registrations as far as details on the make etc when I registered the boat since getting it, but I could and will inquire further. However, my father in law had the boat since the mid 80s and he is unaware of the make so I fear records before him will be difficult to find.

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138131

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I'm sure someone here will know what it is. Sure looks like a well built strong boat. All the hardware is pretty standard off the shelf stuff so that won't be any help. If you plan on doing interior repairs ie new floor seats etc. you just might stumble on a number or tag screwed somewhere. Keep us posted.

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138132

Welcome aboard, glad your here. Sorry I can't help with the id but as Cal said she looks well built and should be a great project. Any questions during the restoration just let us know. There's a lot of good help on this sight.

Bob

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138133

Hello Ejens and welcome to Fiberglassics.

You have a Glasspar Citation and IMHO is one of the sharpest models ever.

This is a 1960 which was the first year model.

Thanks,
Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejens

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138135

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Good Catch, TERRY.. I was going to scan the Glasspar brochures as the side arrow or swish looked to be a Glasspar model.

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138140

Thank you very much for the id assistance Terry. It looks like my boat is probably a 1962 based on the transom width (mine measures 66 or 67 inches and 20 inches deep. Upgrading the interior has come along (see pic) but it will never quite look like the one in the photos you attached. The seats are Cabelas but the back bench is a custom built foldup.
I am nearly finished installing a power tilt for the engine, and this coming summer the hull is going to see some paint since the interior, bow and gunwale paint has turned out.

Attachments:

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138144

Good Job Terry!

Evens, she's coming along nicely, great job!

Bob

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138149

Lookin good Ejens!

The Cabela seats are a great improvement although one of the trick options of the Citation was the jump seats.

Our friend King Oscar has an all original 60 and in this shot you can see the seats folded in.

This is a good example of the genius of Bill Tritt who founded Glasspar and designed the boat.

Another friend Skip also had an excellent original 60 that he showed at Tavares a few years back.

Sadly Skip passed earlier this year. He was the consummate collector and Glasspar aficionado and will be missed.

Thanks,
Terry

Help identifying fiberglass boat - make and model 5 years 5 months ago #138153

Terry
Thanks for the additional photos. I should have investigated further before initiating refurbishment, these photos are giving me so many ideas. The jump seats are incredible, I had no idea the space behind them was for folding a seat up and into, very clever. I thought it was just oddball shaped storage. It would have been challenging to find a seat that could have fit in the space but you never know. You will see in the photo I built aluminum boxes as pedestals for the Cabela seats behind the front row. Another shot pulling my girls - so jump seats or not the old unit is fulfilling a purpose.
Earl
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)