• Page:

TOPIC: ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136715

• TheToyBox
  • TheToyBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I put a post in new wave but thought I would reach out here too so see about a windshield part and to tell the story. This is why you will NOT find a tree at my shop by my boats. Tree sap, leaves, branches and the Storm damage tree parts. NOT GOOD!
My sons boat had a tree limb fall on his boat just after he got done detailing it so it busted the windshield tail piece. Anyone know where I could find this part in a salvage yard. Minnesota has no boat salvage yards only outboard. I really need some help here its a really nice boat and I was finishing the repower when this happened. The boat is a 1986 Thundercraft Regency 162
Please get back to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Bob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136718

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Very sorry to hear. Not sure if these guys would have what you need, but here is a link to try. If you can find something, I would be willing to pick it up and bring it to you since I have friends and family near both ends of the route. greenbayprop.com/windshields-for-a-boat/

Dr.Go!

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136722

I wouldn't be too surprised to find that it's a pretty standard piece of aluminum channel for windows. It might be worth calling a local glass shop.

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136724

Quick search found several current ads in Rochester, NY C-R
Attachments:

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136728

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167

Dr.Go! wrote: Very sorry to hear. Not sure if these guys would have what you need, but here is a link to try. If you can find something, I would be willing to pick it up and bring it to you since I have friends and family near both ends of the route. greenbayprop.com/windshields-for-a-boat/

Green Bay Prop probably won't have it, Joe is mostly trailer and old motors. He's only 2 miles from me and I used to haul boats for him if he had anything going where I was headed. I'll go there today and take some pics to post so you can see what's available for you.
I have a complete windshield system like that but I don't think it has that sharp rake. I would agree, just take the simple frame to a glass shop but if a tree fell on it that might not be an option.

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136732

• TheToyBox
  • TheToyBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Already called Joe and I have bought windshields from him before for a 62 crestliner del rio. Boy was that painful but it was perfect. Bigtwin it has to be off a thundercraft regency 162 made from 85 to 89. Also not black anodized one. Glass shop not a option as this is tempered glass and also the frame is trash. IF the frame was not trashed I would have cut one out of a old plexiglass windshield and made it work. I may have to do that but the frame looks like crap and not sure if I can press it back to what it was. I have found a black one on ebay that Northernpower has that is black that would look cooler but $360 shipped is a bit much. I may try to write him and see if I can get a price break being a long time customer. So my search will continue and I may post a ad in CL looking for one too. Might get lucky. These boats are notorious for having bad floors and stingers so maybe I can get lucky. ha ha.
Thanks for the input guys. IF I ever get time I want to post some of my latest finds in the last year. Got some really cool stuff to share.

ARGGGGGG Evil Trees VS windshields 5 years 10 months ago #136746

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Actually "Joe" is David Jr. His dad called him Joe to avoid confusion :laugh:
His dad retired several years ago and moved to AZ so now Joe has a few people who work with him to build up the business.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)