• Page:

TOPIC: 64 sunray newspaper pics

64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13167

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i just recieved 2 pics from the acbs harveys lake boat show,from the newspaper ,"the citizens voice" of "WAY BACK WHEN...",our 64 custom craft sunray,believe it or not this is the best pic i have of the finished interior,including the matching cups,lol and the chubby guy is me,lol.
its now at ed gordons house,im sorry if you have seen this before but its one of the biggest things that ever happened to me,so im sorry for being a bragart.please forgive me. opps sorry about that ,here it is rightside up,lol
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13168

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Awesome, I would be braging too, Mike
Attachments:

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13169

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks mike and thanks for fixing my screwup.lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13171

John,
You should be justifyably proud!! Wonderful work and gives much encouragement to average guys like me. Wouldn't that boat look terrific behind a matching Buick roadmaster with port holes in a matching color scheme? My dad had one! Thanks again for sharing. Keep the photo's coming. Mike

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13173

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks mike,and yeah it would be nice to find a car like that.
i guess i just dont want to let go,we had this boat three years and worked hard on it over the last 5 months ,not including some of the interior i did over the winter,its weird walking into my little garage and its not full of boat,lol.
maybe next is the 59 thunderbird chief we found in the weeds 3 years ago,but it needs everything hardware ,trailer,motor and windshield.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re: 64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13174

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i have no idea how i screwed up the picture and ended up with three of them .sorry

---Mark Twain

Re: 64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13175

John,

A mighty fine looking boat - show us some more please. so did you plan on selling ? So hard to let go after all the fixing you did on it.

Bruce

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13179

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Don't you dare apologize John, many of us have followed that project all the way through with you - you've worked as hard as anybody ever has and have earned the recognition and more! Awesome job, my friend.

maybe next is the 59 thunderbird chief we found in the weeds 3 years ago,but it needs everything hardware ,trailer,motor and windshield.

Maybe, take a well earned break first, then we'll look forward to watching this one come together. LOL You KNOW you gotta have something going on out in the garage, time to do one FOR YOU. ;)

Mark

Re: 64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13181

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bruce Gerard wrote:

John,

A mighty fine looking boat - show us some more please. so did you plan on selling ? So hard to let go after all the fixing you did on it.

Bruce

thank you bruce,im sure the rest here are getting tired of seeing more of it,lol.
as for selling it,im only the silent partner,lol my mom and her fiance ed gordon bought the boat and i custom restored it.
i hope they dont sell it,but i guess everything has a price,and its not up to me.they said its part mine because of all the free work i did.i would like to see it go to more shows,just to see how it does. darn it i keep screwing up the pics,sorry again,geez. here it is without the horns and bowlight.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13184

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you mark,i appreciate that,heck since we have come home,i havent done anything,but my wife says she has plenty for me to do,help i need another boat quick,lol.
as for doing one for me, i had my chance with the seaking cabin cruiser,but it costs money,lol,so i sold it.
maybe someday ill do it again,john

---Mark Twain

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13185

John, I never get tired of seeing pics of that boat!

Frank

Re: 64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13189

I still think some of the old cad bullit tail lights would look good on that.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13200

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree Mike. Almost looks like the stern was designed to have 'em! Guess they'd be pretty close to the waterline, but sure would be fun to hold a pair up there to see how they would look. Maybe one of the folks good at photoshop on here can give us a digital glimpse so we don't have to sneak over to Ed's house......LOL

John I know exactly what you're talking about NEEDING to have a project of some sort going on out in the garage, that "honey do" list can get way out of control without one! As I recall you built a new back porch, landscaped around it, replaced the water heater in the camper, (and custom designed and built the cabinetry around it!), just to name a few things while you were restoring the 'Ray, right?! So it's not like you neglected anything else while working on the last project. ;)

Mark

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13202

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks frank,mike and mark.
yeah they would look good ,i even have those taillights in my favorites list,here they are,these are 2 i had looked up,the only trouble is ,i lost points at the show because the console was not originaly in the boat.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13209

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sorry I don't have an article to add to those photos,,, been looking for it every day,,, who knows maybe this sunday's lifestyle section? I'll let you know if an article appears. -jim

Re:64 sunray newspaper pics 13 years 8 months ago #13215

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks jim,i appreciate what your doing for me,at least its on their website,lol,john,p.s. heres the other pic from the newspaper,i didnt want to show it because i look like a goof,but hey!its hard holding my big belly in,lol,i couldnt breath,lol,and it doesnt show the head lights.(on the boat at least,lol)
Attachments:

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted