Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What On Earth Did I Just Find?

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134287

Hi there,
Just a newbie with an interesting project. Having searched through your extensive Library and other sites, I'm stumped to what I was just given. I want to say it is a Bee-Line Sapphire but the aft sponsons say it isn't so. The old fellow that gave it to me, couldn't remember the name but did say that it was a prototype. Of course, there are no documents, capacity plate or HIN anywhere to be found. Sorry for photo, I will add some more later.... but what on Earth did I just find?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134288

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Whatever it is I would say it's 1957-59 model year. Check Billan's latest project boat with the huge fins.
Attachments:

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134290

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
looks like a boat made by a company called Baytone

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134291

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
It is definitely not a beeline, there has been a few canadain builts that it could possible be.. the boat in pic that cal posted is wood,,get r done Bill
Attachments:

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134296

Wow... that's an awesome glassic for sure! The boat parting lines look like a Fleet Craft / Sea Fury etc... But the fins certainly set it apart from those. The molds could have been based of either of those boar hulls, then modified. GREAT score.

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 6 months ago #134297

Thank you all for your encouraging replies! I had no idea so many of you have such a deep affection for these important pieces of marine history!
@bruce Gerard - thoughts about the molds never entered my mind. But now, however, you've given me a new direction.
@bilnan1 - I agree it's not a BeeLine. interestingly, I found it in Ontario. So a Canadian boat for sure. I WILL get-er done!
@STN19 - I will research Baytone. Because of your thoughtful comment, I have discovered someone with a Baytone 14' in my home town...Thank you!
@63 Sabre - It has to be 57-59...the fins are as big as the photo of Billan's...lol

I promise you all that I will see this through to the end and post images when complete in a year or so. Here's to FiberGlassics everywhere!!!

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134299

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
here is a baytone boat for sale in my area although its finless the lines of the boat seem very similar

here is the link to the add FYI https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/cambridge/vintage-baytone-fibreglass-boat/1295208015
The following user(s) said Thank You: gunnerbill

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134301

Thanks STN19, you must be near me. That is the boat I mentioned in my earlier post. The owner is allowing me to photograph it so I can study for comparison. I might even buy it to twin with the other boat. What a coincidence! If you ever see the boat below, stop me and say hi! (my home built - I will post the story on wooden boats at a later date).
Attachments:

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134322

UPDATE
I had the opportunity to examine the boat posted by SNT19 today and have added a photo of what appears to be the model name. Upon examination, the name is a Bayton (minus the 'e'). I have asked the local Librarian to perform a world search for this boat and hopefully we can find who manufactured it. Oh, the joys of saving history...
Attachments:

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134325

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
nice sweet lead!

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134340

Is your boat also located in Canada?

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134359

here's another one, not sure of the make, just a mystery boat from the forums a few years ago.
Attachments:

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134360

There is one listed in Kevin Mueller's Boats In The Belfry e-book as a "AR-SISU" with added taillights: boatsinthebelfry.com

archive.org/details/BoatsInTheBelfry-TheEbook

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 5 months ago #134446

Hi Handy Andy , yes, was found in Ontario up north. The photos you added are the same boat (different colour). I will investigate the Mr. Mueller's Belfry e-book. Thank you.
Update: we now have both the boats (bought the kijiji one too) ...my first "collection" LOL

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 4 months ago #134622

Well, I'm getting a bit closer to finding out what I have... that red boat was licensed in Stratford Ontario (45E was Stratford Port ID before 2007 when Service Canada took over). Am I going to have to drive around Stratford for days until I find it - just so I can knock on the door and say "hi, what boat is that in your back 40"? No way, I'll ever become a Gumshoe...LOL!

What On Earth Did I Just Find? 6 years 4 months ago #134623

you have one cool boat there.
But be careful of question #2 when you find the red/maroon boat. Especially if you take the wife.
Question #1 What boat manufacturer is that ?
Question #2 Is it for sale ?
At that point of question two, I have to ask, how long were you in a coma from the wife knocking you out ?Ha-Ha-Ha !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)