• Page:

TOPIC: 1969 Fabuglas- Splashwell and Bench-Seat rebuild

1969 Fabuglas- Splashwell and Bench-Seat rebuild 13 years 8 months ago #13076

• 69Fabuglas
  • 69Fabuglas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Now that I have a motor... I have renewed enthusiasm to work on the Fabuglas. My son (14) and I got quite a bit accomplished today.
I'll post a few pics here... but I have a webpage-photo gallery published already.
Splashwell Gallery

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1969 Fabuglas- Splashwell and Bench-Seat rebuild 13 years 8 months ago #13083

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
It looks great. Im thinking if I ever rebuild my del mar I should do something like that since the splashwell will need rebuilding anyhow. I love the new motor and im thinking thats alot of motor (Nice) Mike

Re:1969 Fabuglas- Splashwell and Bench-Seat rebuild 13 years 8 months ago #13096

• 69Fabuglas
  • 69Fabuglas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Bigfoot wrote:

It looks great. Im thinking if I ever rebuild my del mar I should do something like that since the splashwell will need rebuilding anyhow. I love the new motor and im thinking thats alot of motor (Nice) Mike

Thanks,
That's the way it was designed from the factory. It was still in pretty good shape, but the floor-stringers were very bad underneath so it all had to go. They used OSB and just coated it real well with paint/sealers. The plywood should hold up well.

The boat is rated to 165HP...and there were 3-inboard options. I'm sure it will handle the weight, because the Merc weighs the same as the older V-4's that were available. My brand-new transom should have no difficulty handling the torque. I'll be building in a few reinforcements also.

Ray
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)