Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull

1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12779

Hello all boaters i am calling on you to help with an identity crisis. I just purchased a 1962? ALLSTAR close as can tell its a SKI BEE or SKI LITE. If anyone has ANY iformation on ALLSTAR MFG. CORP. from Lewisburg TN. please post!!

Also check out my pics please be nice she has been strored outside for years in the top of the rockies. I will post more pics of the restro job as time money and money permits.

Thank You all

Mike Sykora
confused in Colorado
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12782

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HELLO 62: CONGRATS, & WELCOME. Have not heard of that mfg, & I am just east of that city in Chattanooga. Lewisburg seems to be in MARSHALL county. I had luck in the past searching info by writing to the specific county HISTORICAL SOCIETY ( not the chamber of commerce) & giving your desired question.

.Identical color combo of a 62 Glasspar that I had. Powder blue was popular in that era.

. Again , welcome.

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12810

Hi,
I am not sure this is much help, but in checking a handy 1962 trade-in "Blue Book", Allstar Manufacturing Corporation of Lewisburg, Tennessee 1960 & 1961 models are listed. In 1961, both a "14' Ski Bee" and a "14' Ski Lite" are listed. They are both fiberglass runabouts: 14' length, 65" beam, 360 & 340 pounds respectively dry weight, and 58" transom width given for specifications. Note that specifications are not listed for any 1962 brand models in this 1962 year "trade-in" book.

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12830

Thanks for the info i was also considering wrighting into them. I have been on the chamber website and found a link to the historical site so i have an address. I am curious as to the history of the company the boat its self is pretty intact so the only parts needed are some rub rail and a litttle TLC.

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12832

Thanks for the specs i also found a page from an old blue book archived in the libary of this fiberglassics web site wich also shows the 62 models.

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12891

Here are some photos of a 1960 Allstar that was listed on Ebay awhile ago.
Attachments:

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 8 months ago #12921

WOW its nice to see another one! I notice that this one was living in its home state of TN.

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 7 months ago #14702

Well it has been a few weeks and a few parts. But a new switch and some good gas it fired right up. We went to the lake last week and launched it after about 30min of it floating on the trailer i felt safe enough to dock and fire up in water this time. Much to my relief it started, forward, reverse and the impellar all worked good. All this adds up to (I CAN KEEP IT) wife wont let me bring home dead cars like i wont let her bring home dead pets;)Now for the fun part full tear down, paint, seats, gauges, and toys. I am going to try to make an emblem for one side and fab a canopy like the pic above from the 60 allstar. I will keep you all posted as to what we do to it. once again anyone who knows any thing more than you see hear please post. This is not a valuable boat but i belive to be a fairly rare find.
Attachments:

Re:1962 ALLSTAR 14' V Hull 13 years 7 months ago #14707

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

This is not a valuable boat but i belive to be a fairly rare find.

Value, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder IMHO Mike. Congrats on your first launch going well, and welcome to the obsession. I can tell by your post that you're experiencing that special "attachment" feeling for your new Glassic. There is no cure, but a great support group here to help you cope with it through the rest of your life. ;)

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'