Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New here with 1959 american marc catamarine

New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12701

I am a newbie here and wanted to say hello and show off my boat, just got it and it was a steal. One owner and has spent it's whole life in the reno tahoe area.. It's in really good shape for it's year and is in running condition, It was stored in a barn for the past 15 years.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12702

I thought I would tell a little more about it I purchased it from the owners widow ,He was a pretty much border line O.C.D. so I have lots of paperwork and service records . It originally had twin lark 35 hp motors and now has twin 1970 60hp johnson electric shift outboards. the interior is all original , the only mod is a newer windshield..
Attachments:

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12705

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Johnny, what a beautiful Glassic! Please post some pics of the interior when you get time, I'd love to see it. Have you had her out yet?

Mark

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12717

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
J.C. : SWEET , WELCOME , That is one great STEAL, being clean & eady to use / show . .Dual setup is a real prize.
ENJOY .Keep searching, you need to be on that new History channel TV show " American PICKERS" .

Again CONGRATS.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12718

Ya gotta love cats. Very cool boat, and great find. Enjoy!

Frank

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12721

Abosolutely stunning boat! Those are beautiful boats. There are a couple of guys here on the board with American Marc cats, but these boats seem to be few and far between. You've got a gem there!

Welcome aboard!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12727

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Love that boat from every angle. Profile is similar to a Craig KitKat awaiting my restoration. Pix like that are great inspiration!
Attachments:

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12735

Johnnycat,

Are you in Cal/Nev or out of the area? I live in Redding Nor Cal by Lake Shasta. That Catamarine is an excellent score to say the least. The twin 60 Triumph shorties are probably worth more than what you paid for the boat. The Catamarine was a very special boat designed for scuba diving - hence the rear boarding step between the engines. Please garage her - she's worth it.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12742

Very nice!! Gotta love the 3 digit reg. number!! See if you can keep it. I was able to reactive the number on my Lido, keeping the boat all original.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12754

Great looking boat and a great find

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12758

jonnycatt, you dog.
John called me to tell me of his find. It is in amazing condition. Jellcoat, engines, even the trailer. I spent a few hours enjoying this great find with John, while he got both engines running, on muffs. He is going to have to tell the history of this beauty, some time.
She whent to the right man. jonnycatt.
old darb

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12762

That's one cool cat man.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12763

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Shes a beauty! and a keeper!

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12767

O.K. now for a little history . from what i was told by the widow , the owner of this boat was a scuba diver ,Now here is the erie part . Apparently in the early 60's through the 70's he was on contract with the local authorities in the Truckee Tahoe area and would get called to dive for located bodie's.I am talking mafia hits concrete shoes and so on. So another boat would graph the lake and locate what they thought was something and he and his partner would dive and retrieve them. They were loaded onto the graph boat . So luckily for me it wasn't used as a coroners wagon so to speak..

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12768

O.K. now for a little history . from what i was told by the widow , the owner of this boat was a scuba diver ,Now here is the erie part . Apparently in the early 60's through the 70's he was on contract with the local authorities in the Truckee Tahoe area and would get called to dive for located bodie's.I am talking mafia hits concrete shoes and so on. So another boat would graph the lake and locate what they thought was something and he and his partner would dive and retrieve them. They were loaded onto the graph boat . So luckily for me it wasn't used as a coroners wagon so to speak..

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #12771

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very cool history behind your boat then, good to hear it wasn't the "meat wagon"! :laugh:

Mark

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #13084

well it is getting closer to being in the water , I have to take all my paperwork to the nevada dept of wildlife ,then it's off to the dmv for the trailer registration, i should have my impellers and rectifier by friday, then just one more battery and to the tire store to get the tires checked . And then it's launch time. The more I think about it though , I will probably have to let it go . Where I live we get snow . and I can't store it in the garage, and really don't want to leave it outside covered so once it has a clean bill of health i think it will be up for sale.It will however make me happy to just get it active again..

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #13098

A once-in-a-lifetime find that that- and I don't think I could let it go...

I don't know about the Naevada area... but the simple metal carports are pretty cheap here. A single is only $595. You can exterior sheet it to enclose it more like a garage. Usually there's no building permit- because it's not a "permanent" structure. For the floor, I put down 1" of sand over landscape fabric (keeps any weeds down), then a 4" bed of pea-gravel tamped down with a rented tamper. The pea-gravel isn't as sharp and nicer to walk on barefoot.

Re:New here with 1959 american marc catamarine 13 years 8 months ago #13619

well she is ready for the water.. I changed the impellers, trailer tires are good . I still don't have the tach working for one of the motors. I put in a new rectifier but no good , still no tach..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)