Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Searay!?!

1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11933

Hi everyone. Im new here and am hoping someone can help me out. Just purchased a 1958 Searay ( thats what the registration says). I know the company wasnt started until 1959 but heres the story i got. apparently this was one of 6 boats built by Mr. Ray to raise capital to start the company in 1959. It has a #1 engraved on the windshield, is powered by a Mercury/Kiekafer 500. It needs to be completely restored but all the parts are there. I just picked it up today and took it right to storage, so i have'nt had a lot of time to look at it well(busy family day). I live just outside of detroit where Connie apparently built these boats so it doesnt seem like to much of a stretch that this might be one of the originals. If anyone might have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11936

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
One pic would be nice, welcome to the website and congrats on the new boat, Mike

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11937

Thanks for the welcome Mike. Have a couple on my phone, trying to figure out the whole transfer thing. Should have added that it's a 15'8" boat that was painted red white and blue, and not by a profesional painter!!! Will add pics asap. thanks everyone

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11941

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard, Matt. If that turns out to be accurate about your SeaRay, you've got quite a collector's item there! RE: paint job - It's a cryin' shame what some folks do to a boat. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Mark

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11943

Boy, does this ever sound cool. Let us know what you find out Matt. Fascinating!

Best of luck with it, and yeah, get some pics up!

Frank

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11947

Thanks Frank and Mark, I dont want to get to excited about this yet but it is definitly looking like something that might have some history to it. And even if not I'm sure some family's have had good times with this boat, and as a family man that means just as much to me. Lets see what happens and I'll get pic's up tommorow. thanks again, always nice to find people interested in nostalgia

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #11990

• gil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Matt,
When you get a chance shoot me an e mail.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:1958 Searay!?! 13 years 9 months ago #12109

Hi Matt, Can't wait to see some pics. Don't exactly know where he started out in Detroit, but I do know that he had a small plant in Lake Orion before moving to the north side of Oxford. Oxford building is still there! Always thought it would be nice to drag mine (1963) down there and have a picture taken out in front of it.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)