Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: re-introducing myself

re-introducing myself 13 years 9 months ago #10977

Hi all. My name is Matt, and I'm from Seattle.

I just registered. I did post once or twice on the "old site" - great job on the site upgrade, by the way!

Anyway - I may be reading and posting a little more often now... I think I just went from a 'casual user' of old glass to a downright addict!

I picked up my first boat a couple of years ago, a 1969 Pacific Mariner (14' boat) with a merc 500 50hp, and I had only been out really just a few times as I'm always way too busy in the summer. Most of the trips had been to the same lake - the nearest to my home.

This year - For the first time ever, we took a family vacation to a very nice lake for a few days including 4th of July weekend. Mayfield Lake here in western Washington. We stayed at the marina resort, tent camping with the boat moored in a slip near our camp site... My wife, kids, bro and sis in law and thier kids - we all spent time playing, cruising, and fishing with my boat and we had the best time ever.

I came home thinking "so, THIS is what people with boats do on vacation! It was awesome!

I had been feeling a little guilty about how much money I had into a boat that gets very light use and I had recently considered getting rid of it to get the parking space in my carport back. Not anymore, now I feel great about how little money I have into my boat and how much fun we can really have with it. Now, the only way I'd even consider letting this boat go is if I was getting a bigger classic glass boat!

I am VERY much "re-bitten" by the classic glass bug. Very excited to be registered on the forum and you might be hearing more from me.

Happy boating!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:re-introducing myself 13 years 9 months ago #10978

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Well welcome back, Matt, and welcome to the "addiction" club full of enablers. :laugh:

Mark

Re:re-introducing myself 13 years 9 months ago #11004

Hi, i'm a new glass addict myself. Just got a 1960 crosby with johnson 40hp and trailer for FREE! your post caught my eye because I grew up in Chehalis and spent many summers camping and boating at mayfield lake(skipped a few days of school to go watersking too..:) ) Lots of great memories came flooding back as I read your story. I hope to get out on the water before summers over. Safe boating!

Re:re-introducing myself 13 years 9 months ago #11011

matt and clk welcome to the world of glassheads,i started out like you guys ,i found an old cabin cruiser ,i didnt think much about how old it was ,it was just a cool boat i could afford,now im fully addicted to old classics thanks to kelly and sandi,and the great folks here.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'