Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New tach mounted

New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10838

Didn't want to pop for a 3 3/8 hole saw, so did the hole with my roto zip, and cleaned it out with a sanding drum on my new driver. Closest I can get it, given how close and wide the hidden part of my steering mechanism is. I'll wire her up tonight or tomorrow, then next time I take the boat out, see if the tach I've been using is accurate or not.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10857

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Looks good, Frank. The white sets the red off nicely.

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10870

Thanks Kerry! That was a prime selection criteria.

Frank

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10875

frank i also agree with kerry it looks great,i think better then the black one.this one matches your boat nicely.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10876

wish i would of bought the white one too along with the rubrail. :(

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10878

john-gibson wrote:

frank i also agree with kerry it looks great,i think better then the black one.this one matches your boat nicely.

The black one was free John. I still think it works fine, and sorta like the hot rod look of having it on the steering column. Plus it was there in front of my face, which I couldn't do with the new one.

Nevertheless once I do my little experiment to see if the old one was or was not correct, off it will come.

Frank

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10879

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks good. By the way, nice milwaukee :woohoo: Mike

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10953

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Frank, have you had a chance to test out the new tach yet? Inquiring minds want to know. :laugh:

Mark

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10955

I wanted to hook it up yesterday Mark, but it was raining. Just when it quit raining and I was ready to go out and string the wires, the little woman asked for my help in our master bath. She couldn't get the faucet snout fitting off. To make a long story short, I broke the stupid thing and then replaced all the plumbing in the master bath sink yesterday. I got done in time to work on the boat, except I couldn't much move my left arm (bad shoulder) and my back was killing me. I'm better this a.m., plus the temp is 67, a major break from where we've been. I'm gonna grab some breakfast, then go out and do that. The little woman is taking off today to visit her relatives, so it should be fairly peaceful! Actually I have a number of things to do on the boat and motor this a.m., then maybe take it out this afternoon.

Enjoy yer day!

Frank

Old tach was way off 13 years 9 months ago #10973

Sure enough, a number of folks who suggested my tach was off were right. Brian Lawson stopped by, interrupted me doing the dishes, and we played around with the motor some. I hooked up that new Teleflex tach temporarily while Brian was here, and sure enough, looks like the one I was using was reading like times 2! He just left, so once I finish the dishes I'll get out and permanently mount the new tach, and do a few other things, maybe take it out later today. More to come!

Frank

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10990

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
That will help your tuning sessions immensely!!! Money well spent. :)

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #10992

I had a feeling!! :) After seeing that video you posted with the motor sounding like it was barely working, that was the first thing that came to mind.

Be interesting to see where your really at now...i bet you were barely turning 4K originally. Tuning will be MUCH easier now!

Re:New tach mounted 13 years 9 months ago #11000

Well Jer, I think this new tach is a bit low, but I have a way to calibrate it, should have it done by the weekend. Getting there!

I had no idea how one of these old mercs should sound, but it was folks like you who led me to get a standard outboard tach. Thanks!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)