Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Identification help

Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10709

I have seen a picture of this exact boat on another website identified as a 1957 Fleetcraft but I am skeptical. It has mahogany decks and fins and fiberglass hull. Came with controls for a Johnson HydroEletric Drive and dash plate. No identification except for a Long Island Yacht Club sticker on the boat and trailer. Any help would be appreciated, please see pictures, and thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10721

No clue what she is - but she's very cool!

Andreas

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10724

Neat boat, I believe it has been posted here before. Wish we had some Fleetcraft/Fleetliner ads or company literature. Fleetliner boats were made by Fleetcraft Marine Sales of Los Angeles, CA- we have model info from 1958 to 1960 but nothing for 1957 has been uncovered yet.

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10743

Thanks, I did post it years ago, but still no help. There was a Fleetcraft in NJ around that time and as the boat was NY registered I thought maybe a connection, but a NJ guy with knowledge told me they did not make boats like this. I doubt it made it from CA to NY that is why I am unsure of the "Fleetcraft" designation. A picture restored below.
Attachments:

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10747

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I gave away my collection of Bob SPELTZ ,"Real Runabout" books, but Vol iv , had the outboard stuff, and would guess one could match up the rear.

. Some thing like a BORUM or a TROJAN is where I would search .? 1957 seem like the cross-over year to me . Crosby's that era had wood decks & glass hulls.
. Here is the Fiberglassic library link for wood boats a 58 BORUM , Jacksonville, Fla looks Quite Close to rear fion design .??

www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:BHBPHOTO222.JPG
. TROJAN , only a 59 pic also has a rear fin , slight lower design , maybe the 57 would be your match . Lancaster , PENN mfg I believe. ?
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Trojan
Has the rear engine deck & center flag pole.

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10759

Many thanks. I looked at Borum and Trojan in detail and while close (and they all seem to share similar characteristics, but then again they are boats) were not similar. Mine has long mahogany flared side spray rails and huge mahogany trim tabs. I have Speltz' Volume V and VI for my other boats, will have to buy #IV. I also guessed at the age as I saw this one below which is exactly mine but who knows where it came from?
Attachments:

Re:Boat Identification help 13 years 9 months ago #10786

The Speltz books will not have anything on fiberglass boats.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)