Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally in the water for a shakedown!

Finally in the water for a shakedown! 13 years 9 months ago #10480

I bought this 1958 Playstyle a few years ago and just never had the time to put it all together. Life just gets in the way. Finally put it into the driveway this spring and reworked it to make it floatable for the summer. It still needs a floor, I'll do that next spring.

The shakedown was not without a problem. The engine (58' 35hp Johnson), which had been gone through last year, started without a problem. But (there's always a but) it died within 2 minutes. Pump the bulb, starts fine, starves out, long story short, I had to occasionally pump the bulb to keep it running. Initially thought it was a plugged filter or sucking air from the fuel connections. It ended up being a split vacuum hose on the new fuel pump. DOH! After that, it ran without a problem. Took it out in a shallow bay (Lake St. Clair near Detroit) for an hour of just cruising around. Liked it just fine! I'll GPS test it with a couple props that I have.

I hope to finish up on the details this weekend and then have it for vacation and a few weekends away from home. Thank you to all of the posts that I have read over the past 5 years. They have helped in choosing my boat as well as getting it ready for launch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Finally in the water for a shakedown! 13 years 9 months ago #10481

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very nice looking Playstyle Terry, good job! Glad to hear you got the Johnson sorted out, you're so right about "there's always a but". :laugh: You've gotta start sharing more with us, 5 years !?!?!? We wanna see some more pics of her on your vacation trip when you get back, okay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'