Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glass Jet of Reeseville, WI

Glass Jet of Reeseville, WI 13 years 9 months ago #10384

I spent two days in southern Wisocnsin and did some digging into Glass Jet boat history. Glass Jet was made by J & R Plasticraft Corp. and later by Quality Plastics, Inc.

Found some information and located the old factory (it's been a steel fabrication shop for 30+ years). Did not find anyone that worked there however.

The local library had never heard of a boat factory in town (it was right across the street!). Chatted up the local barber (no, not Floyd) who recalls the boat factory and some of the names of the firm owners. He knew of some folks that worked there but they have all passed on to boat heaven.

I will write up a history for the library section.

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glass Jet of Reeseville, WI 13 years 9 months ago #10385

Here is where the boats were made. It was a creamery prior to the boat operation taking over half the basement in 1956. Glass Jet took over the entire building in early 1957.

Andreas

Re:Glass Jet of Reeseville, WI 13 years 9 months ago #10386

Thanks Andreas - your research is terrific.

And here we see the hopes and dreams of men with vision.

Or

Here we see a guy who had a mold he splashed off another boat who managed to hustle up some investors and make a few boats before skipping town one step ahead of the law.

The story goes round and round....no matter which version you turn up - and both seem to turn up with some regularity - it's fascinating :~)

Peter
Off to AZ

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)