Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas

Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 10 months ago #10336

My brother-in-law has "inherited" an old fiberglass boat and trailer. Boat has a 50's look to it with tail fins and a chrome trim logo that says "Viking" with a "V" reminiscent of the old Chevy trim. Logo also has a lower rail that has "Fort Worth, Tex". Motor is an Evinrude 25 horse with the serial number 25920-18716. Hull is very good with very little show of being run aground hard or striking anything. Motor runs very well and paint on engine appears original and in good shape under cover and appears to have never been opened. Windshield is hopefully made of recyclable material as it is trash.

Can anyone tell us anything about these boats? He needs to sell it and information on Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas seems unavailable even after extensive internet searches.

Cool looking boat. Any help is appreciated. Any buyers may be appreciated more. Thanks, folks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 10 months ago #10338

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry I can't help with the ID... Did you scroll thru the library to see if anything resembling it exists? It IS a cool boat.

Re: Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10354

Looked not only here but every web site I can find on old boats. Maybe getting in touch with the Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper might help as they have been around for many years. Thanks for the advice!

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10358

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Motor is a 1955 25hp.

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10377

Thank you! Appreciate the help. Any clue as to the boat maker?

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10382

There was a Viking Boat Co. in Middleberry, Indiana. They were principally a builder of aluminum boats but they did get into fiberglass boats.

In the Fort Worth, TX area the following firms built boats: Fleetform; APA Boats, Invader Giddings, Marine Plastics, Inc. (Glass Magic), and Multi-Plastics (Fiber-Flite). Possibly others.

Lone Star Boat Mfg. Co. was at Grand Prairie and later at Plano. Texas Boat Mfg. Co., builder of Texas Maid boats was located at Lewsisville. Cruiser Craft (Phil Dill) was also at Lewisville.

Could it be possible that the badge "Viking Fort Worth, Tex" is the dealership that sold this boat and not the manufacturer? Just a thought.

Andreas

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10388

No I wish. These Viking trim pieces are on both sides, at the stern end. And the paint under them is original. I sure appreciate the help. The Business Editor of the Fort Worth Star Telegram found nothing in their archives. He did forward a number to an old marine dealer there and suggested they might possibly be of some help.

I checked all the available literature and images of those makers you listed but none look close or share the "Viking" name.

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10389

Try the Fort Worth Historical Society (or whatever name they go by). Ask if the have business directories from the 50s and 60s. Or just ask if they have any info on a company named Viking.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Viking Boats of Fort Worth, Texas 13 years 9 months ago #10404

Great ideas. The Library no doubt has copies of every city directory ever published. The boat guy was busy (duh 4th of July) so I will call him back when it's calmer - like November.

Really do appreciate all the hints & help. I know Harley's backwards and forwards from flatheads & Knuckleheads to EVOs & Twin Cams but not boats.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)