Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1963 15 elgin

1963 15 elgin 13 years 10 months ago #10199

A fishing buddy of mine gave me this boat and said it ran 10 or so years ago when it was put out to pasture...literally. it has a 40 horse johnson and still has good compression. My question is WHERE DO I GET BOAT PARTS FOR IT. It needs a windshield, and most of the interior. I am new to this forum and would like some information. Please, Signed Desperate in Lake Whitney Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1963 15 elgin 13 years 10 months ago #10296

I restored one of these boats a few years back, and will put a link to some pics of it at various stages. You can contact Taylor for a windshield, they have one thats pretty close, but expensive. As for interior/seats, you can find several varieties of ready made ones at various marine supply houses that could be utilized. I fabricated new seat bottoms and backs from original templates, and had them upholstered in original colors and patterns. Again, expensive, but I wanted the boat to look pretty much as it did when new. They were made by Arkansas Traveler for Sears and their Elgin marine line. Pretty boats, and handle well. Check the floor out for soft spots, and of course the transom. I re-floored ours, and reglassed the stringers, but the transom was good; we ran a big heavy V75 Johnson on it with no problems. Good luck, feel free to contact if any questions.

Bob C.

smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/bobcalhoun/Elgin%2015/

Re:1963 15 elgin 13 years 10 months ago #10323

Thankyou for your reply, I tried to look at your sight you posted, but it wont let me in without a password. I also want to know how to contact Taylor. If you could elaborate I would appreciate it, Thanks, Drew

Re:1963 15 elgin 13 years 10 months ago #10328

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

Mark

Re:1963 15 elgin 13 years 9 months ago #10487

I think the photo file should be accessible now. Try the link again.

Bob C.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)