• Page:

TOPIC: '57 Evinrude Lark face plate

'57 Evinrude Lark face plate 11 years 11 months ago #63699

• labloverdc
  • labloverdc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone--I am looking for a virtually perfect/NOS face plate for a '57 Evinrude Lark 35HP. I am willing (and expect) to pay a ridiculously high price if you have one. I tried posting in the Glassifieds, but no luck yet, so I thought I would go straight to the JEGO guys. Maybe someone knows somebody who has one, and would like to convert it to lots of cash?

I would also consider a complete motor, but it has to be a "10". Or, a NOS complete cowl.

If you have anything that fits the bill, please either email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call at 202 669 4685.

Thanks,

Shannon in Crystal River

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shannon

Re:'57 Evinrude Lark face plate 11 years 11 months ago #63703

Hi Shannon,

It seems like the Lark is finally getting the attention it deserves from the vintage boat collectors. Unfortunately, the plastic emblems on most of these engines are in poor condition. For as old as these parts are - it is remarkable how they have stayed intact as well as they have.

OK now - I'm wondering what you think an obscene price for a mint-ish '57 Lark faceplate would be? This is not a trick question. I'm asking because I have been trying to get an idea of what people will pay for these parts. There are people who have reproduced similar parts as these, with a quality as good as OEM - NOS. I've written to Bob Sharpton about this & he is interested in the project. But it takes a lot of money to finance the tooling for a project. That cost must be borne out by sales of the reproduction parts after the run has been made. It costs about 10K to tool up for just 1 plastic part. Bob has the experience and his repro Mercury emblems are proof that he is the right person for the job. But the sales of the finished product need to be considered before anyone is going to risk 10 to 15 grand on tooling.

I need "real world" figures from serious collectors on what the part would be worth to them. This is not a part that an average old boat lover is going to shell out for. This would be a highly specialized and expensive item. It is worth the effort though, as there were one of the most beautiful little outboars ever produced. Obviously, the more parts sold, the less expensive the part would be.

What do you think?

Thanks - Bruce
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)