Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opinion please

Opinion please 12 years 1 week ago #61901

Hi. I was looking at a mid 60's 90hp Evinrude Starflite with the select shift. He is asking $500.00 for it. I passed on the motor because #1 I could'nt hear it run. #2 it has the select shift. My dad had a 68 55hp with the select shift ran fine for long time then had issue's with the shifting. #3 Who ever took the motor off the boat cut the wire harness and there are a bunch of bare wires with no connections. I was thinking it would look good on my GW Inavder but it has a long shaft. Tell me I did the right thing. It Is a cool looking motor but unfortunatly I'm not a mechcanic. I'm learning but....Also the owner said if he could have it on a stand and running he would start at a $1000.00 Thanks.Bob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Opinion please 12 years 1 week ago #61905

Pass on it. You really need to see these motors running with the select shift. They can get really pricey to fix if they are not working right. Many parts are NLA. If you find one that is working good make sure that you will be getting the controls with it. I have run a 68 55Hp rude for many years now and other than general upkeep on it I haven't had any problems with it. Skip.

Re:Opinion please 12 years 1 week ago #61911

I know nothing of those motors, but I would say you made exactly the right call.

Re:Opinion please 12 years 1 week ago #61914

Thanks guys.

Re:Opinion please 12 years 1 week ago #61917

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
They can be had for less than that in good working condition. (usually with a boat and trailer too)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

Aquabird steering wheel
05-28-2024

Aerocraft/Waterwonder 18 imperial runabout 1960
( / Boats)