• Page:

TOPIC: Evinrude Icon.

Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61781

• jepstr67
  • jepstr67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh what a joy to glowingly look back at 2009 at that Iconic centennial edition Evinrude outboard. Oh, wait, they chose to commemorate the 100th anniversary by slapping a sticker on last year's model.

In 59 we had a stunning design for Evinrude motors. Special golden jubilee emblems, contests, promotions and give-aways, all in the celebration of 50 years of excellence in outboard motors.

Where is the passion? Where is the promotion that fosters brand loyalty? It is like all of American industry just gave up and went to bed.

I guess that is why I am here. I like to remember the iconic 59 Evinrude Lark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61806

I have a 59 lark 35hp and its a runner. No pix handy to post of it.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61846

Love my 59 Fat Fifty. I still have to repaint the cover and put the bling back on.

Bob

Re:Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61892

"Where is the passion? Where is the promotion that fosters brand loyalty?"

Straight into the pockets of greedy CEOs and shareholders. The new world business model - make huge profits TODAY, no matter what the consequences of which will will impact tomorrow.

Their personal oath: "I got mine, to hell with everyone else"

Re:Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61900

I love my old motors I have 30 or so now from 1937 to 1985 and from 1 1/2hp to 75hp about half are running. My boat is a 1957 EnduraCraft 14 1/2 footer. Also have a 1957 Club Lido and a 1958 Dorsett and then there is me a 1940 model.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Evinrude Icon. 12 years 1 week ago #61922

• jepstr67
  • jepstr67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Bruce Gerard wrote:

"Where is the passion? Where is the promotion that fosters brand loyalty?"

Straight into the pockets of greedy CEOs and shareholders. The new world business model - make huge profits TODAY, no matter what the consequences of which will will impact tomorrow.

Their personal oath: "I got mine, to hell with everyone else"

You know the truth as I do. Here is what I posted on facebook yesterday:

Facebook stock. Why is everyone all weirded out about the falling price? It is all pretty simple. Investors falsely assumed a company that is really no more than an idea and makes no tangible product, was worth more than it really is. Game over. Any company run by money grabbing investors and their board of directors is worth half that of a privately held company. Private companies make good sound long term business decisions. Public companies are forced to please the fickle whims of impatient investors.

I also believe this is what is ruining the American economy, making it unstable and vulnerable to bouts of difficulty regardless of the political party in charge.

It is a shame that a guy with and idea, like Ole Evinride, has so little ability to dominate an industry. I liked the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" method of marketing used by companies in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. It gave us chrome plated doo dads, tail fins, and odd ball things like boats that used hydrofoils and looked like flying saucers. I miss "let's just try it" as a marketing strategy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

Aquabird steering wheel
05-28-2024

Aerocraft/Waterwonder 18 imperial runabout 1960
( / Boats)