Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do i preset these carb adjustments on evinrude

how do i preset these carb adjustments on evinrude 12 years 2 months ago #57354

i have a 1959 evinrude 35hp and i rebuilt the carb but i forgot to check how many turn in or out these were set at before i began. can anyone tell me what to set them at as a starting point. thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:how do i preset these carb adjustments on evinrude 12 years 2 months ago #57362

If I remember right low speed 2 turns and high 1/4 trun out. Now once you get it to run in test tank or barroll you need to get it out on the water to finsh adjusting the high speed.
Forgot on the low speed losen the screw on the front of it and move the pionter out past the stop. Then tuun all the was in till it just sets don't force it.
Hope this helps
Mike aka the pirate

Re:how do i preset these carb adjustments on evinrude 12 years 2 months ago #57398

Low speed set at 1.5 turns from GENTLY closed. High speed set at 1 turn from closed. Adjust from there - usually clockwise. Set the high speed first, under load, on a boat. Slowly turn inwards until the motor starts to lose power or die off, then back out about 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Bring motor to idle and set the low speed the same way. The tell on low speed is it will start to sneeze when it is too lean. Back it out until the sneeze goes away.

Once set, do some quick runs to check things out. Acceleration should be smooth during the transition. If it lags or bogs, richen up the low speed a hair.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)