Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude

Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude 12 years 2 months ago #56742

Hey all! I purchased a 1979 Evinrude 115 last fall as a project motor. It had one blown cylinder, and had been somewhat taken apart by the previous owner. It is all rebuilt now and re-assembled, but I am struggling with wiring harness routing as I didn't take that portion apart myself.

Do one of you have a 79' era Evinrude 115 that you could take a few quality pictures of and e-mail to me? If you would concentrate on the harness routing and clips from both the left and right sides that would be amazing!

I have all the electronics mounted in their proper location, but I want to ge the harness in the right spot so it doesn't wear funny, or catch on something it shouldn't!

THANKS!! Dan Wittek. E-mail to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude 12 years 2 months ago #56753

Dan, I hope your not going tp replace the evinrude on the G3 with that 115, though I wouldnt blame you......I just want to see the ol v4 in action before..... Oh and I found out I have a CUP race prop that would fit the old motor, 16p

Re:Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude 12 years 2 months ago #56762

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've got a 78 model 115 Evinrude in the garage Dan, the wiring may be just a little different but should be basically the same setup. I also have a manual with wiring schematics for both years in it if that is needed. If you need any more let me know.

Mark

Re: Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude 12 years 2 months ago #56806

Hey Ponyboy! Yes... I am. Have no fear though as I have countless hours fitting a vintage cowl to it to keep "the look." I get the rest of the parts back from a metal finisher next week and when assembled I will post pictures of her all complete. While I am going to miss the ol' Starflite, it's time to move on to newer technology.

I am going to keep it though and rebuild it in my spare time. I have pistons and a gasket set for it, so I may as well hang onto it for another project. What do you want for that prop?

Re:Can someone help me with a few pictures? 115 Rude 12 years 2 months ago #56807

Thanks Mark! This helps out a ton. I have a manual, but it doesn't give the detail I need. I think these should take care of me!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)