Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 90hp Johnson Meteor question

90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56270

Hello Everyone new to site and to the outboard world, I just came across a 1964 Avalon that has a 90hp Johnson Meteor on it paid $200.00 for bought. He started it for me and it sound good from what I know about motors, I was amazed at how quiet it ran but my knowledge comes from I/O boats. Shoots water really good, no oil leaks on the motor, wires hoses and line look good. One thing I notice is it looks something is missing, standing at the back of the engine between the 4 cylinders I'm thinking it the intake manifold, there is two male threaded ports there's one with a hot air tube that's running from the choke to the one on top, but the bottom one has nothing on it and I can't see where anything that would be connect to it. Serial # 2417895 Model # V4ML-10 S, Sorry for the long drawn out question I sometime get YELLED at for not giving enough information. LOL !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56299

Hi, you have a 1964. Maybe you can figure out your motor from the parts manual which is available at the following link:

www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1964&hp=90

Re: 90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56309

thank you for the respond, I've checked that out already. I"m trying to find a PDF repair manual.

Re:90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56313

Very interesting question as I too have the same thing on my '67 80hp. The upper one goes to the choke, the lower one has nothing attached to it either. Haven't figured it out yet. Maybe some of the Johnny/Rude guru's can help us out here.

Bob

Re:90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56314

Does "Sacto" mean Sacramento, by any chance?

The engine was built that way - there is nothing missing. That is the exhaust valley plate, not the intake. The flow in this engine is exactly the opposite of a V8 car engine. Intakes on the bottom side, exhaust out the top - between the cylinder heads. That pipe connects to a heat exchanger inside the exhaust valley. Air is drawn in through the open pipe to be heated up and sent to the automatic choke.

Re:90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56315

Cool, thanks Bruce, I thought I was loosing my mind there.

Bob

Re:90hp Johnson Meteor question 12 years 2 months ago #56317

Yes Sacramento,Ca

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)