Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1956 Lark 30 Tank Pressurizing problem

1956 Lark 30 Tank Pressurizing problem 13 years 8 months ago #13273

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Can anyone help me with some advice? I'm getting pulsations out my pressure line instead of pressure. If I remember right there are a couple of check type valves below the reeds. Is there anything else I'm forgetting that's in there? I thought I heard you have to remove a check ball to put a fuel pump kit on. I would think that a fuel pump kit would work if it was pulsating. How much is a fuel pump kit? Can you get one at NAPA? Will an inline check valve work instead and if so does anyone know where I can get one? I hate to rip it apart as I want to use it next week. What's the easiest and or cheapest way out. One more thing. What is the diaphram with the ignition wire hooked to it (the wire is cut) and what is its function? As much as I've worked on outboards I should know that. Any help will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1956 Lark 30 Tank Pressurizing problem 13 years 8 months ago #13310

How about some pictures so we can see what you are talking about. As they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re: 1956 Lark 30 Tank Pressurizing problem 13 years 8 months ago #13393

Are you sure it's pulsing? With two holes in the plate, each with a flapper valve over it, they will pulse a bit when shooting out air. It's easy enough to pull the intake cover off and check the rubber flapper. Might be deteriorated a bit with age/ethanol fuel, etc.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)