Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Karl Beisel's G3

Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61812

Hello everyone. I am Karl Beisel's daughter and I acquired his G3 about 4 years ago. I am looking to sell it (with his blessing) but I have no idea what to ask for it. I don't know much about it other than growing up with the thing living in our townhouse backyard while my Dad and Uncle Chris restored it. Summer of 2010 I spent over $1000 getting the motor professionally repaired, took it out once (it ran beautifully!!), found out I was pregnant and it's been sitting in our garage since. It's just not a boat we are able to use with an infant and I want it to be loved! LOL. Cosmetically it is in excellent condition. Does anyone have any idea what kind of price I should ask for it? I do believe it's a '63.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61857

We need more info such as hp and make of engine, true condition of boat transom and floor, trailer conditon, and some pics are always a great help with a sale of a G-3.

Jim Savage

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61867

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
GRACIE,: Is this the 235 H.P show boat in Virginia. ??

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61869

LOL, no that's my Uncle Chris, I think it was a 225. I was in that boat! I was terrified! LOL!! Here is a pic of my Dad's boat, I have more, but I need to get time to scroll through my pics to find them. I will try and do that later today. My husband says the motor is a 1978 Johnson 55 HP 2 stroke, but it does have an Evinrude hood on it. I would probably need to confirm this with my dad if anyone was that interested.
Attachments:

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61870

Oh, the floor and transom are mint, this boat was completely rebuilt from nothing but a shell.

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61908

Here is a detailed write up from my Dad...

The boat is a 1965 Glasspar G3. It is fully restored with new floor and all new wood in the transom. Transom is raised to 22.5 inches for a “performance mount” of a long shaft (20”) outboard. The boat is repainted in a white and red scheme. It is however not a sprayed paint but rather a quality brushed finish. The dash is upholstered in a “rolled and pleated” look which is padded. The top of the control box is upholstered to match the dash. Windshield is “smoked” and is surrounded by a chrome grab bar. Seats are grey back to back that were purchased and modified to fit the boat. The seat portion is angled down from front to rear to give them a comfortable ergonomic feel. The boat was restored in the early 1990’s but used very little since then. Motor a 1978 2 cyl, 2 stroke, Evinrude 55hp 20” shaft. It is modified with a 1960 40hp Evinrude cowl to give it a classic look. Motor has trim and Tilt. Motor was last run about 2 years ago (2010). The boat has an “absolute” top speed of 38 mph with one person in the boat, all the weight in the back which includes the driver kneeling on the rear seat. Karl Beisel is the founder of the G3 Owner’s Association.

The entire restoration process of this boat is in the archives, but I cannot get the links to work. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the website.

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61921

Hi Gracie, and Karl...

It does appear from your pic that it is the boat in the restore pages from the archives.

You can access them here:

archives.fiberglassics.com/g3/glasspar-pages/Restore_1.html

Is that you in the boat (last pic in archive) ?

Enjoy!

Mike

Re:Karl Beisel's G3 11 years 11 months ago #61933

Yes, that's it! Thank you for finding that! No, that is not me in the boat LOL, I'm not sure who that is, but I never went to Smith Mountain Lake. It might be one of my Aunts.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)