• Page:

TOPIC: Do the right thing.

Do the right thing. 11 years 9 months ago #62782

• jepstr67
  • jepstr67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1

The boat is called Reprieve. By definition a postponement of death.

In 1992 my father received an organ transplant which allowed him to live 20 more years. During that time he bought and restored and drove (almost daily) this 1939 Larson Deluxe utility. He became a fixture of our local boat show on Crosslake.

The boat shares a history of a reprieve. The previous owner discovered the boat abandoned in a barn. 6 cylinder Phantom Gray suspended above it from a chain and hanging from a VERY fatigued 2x6. His discovery of the boat in the 1980's and restoration put the boat back in service.

Please take a moment to reflect on the times you share with those you love. We all have our moments. Be sure if your life ends unexpectedly, you are an organ donor. Your generous gift of life may save more than just a person. It may save a boat too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Do the right thing. 11 years 9 months ago #62849

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It is the "right thing to do". I have many people who are donors and a few who have been the recipient. What a blessing that science has permitted those that are taken to be able to help others. I actually redid the boat you see as my avatar as I was told to get my bucket list under control.

Re:Do the right thing. 11 years 9 months ago #62934

• jepstr67
  • jepstr67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
One thing everyone here should know is that my dad did not drink alcohol. He was a pharmacist by trade, and boat enthusiast his whole life. His work with carbon tetrachloride in the pharmacy may have led to his liver problems, but just as likely is his love of refinishing boats. Varnish, paint, and yes, fiberglass resins all played a part in his need for a liver transplant.

Be careful with all the chemicals used to bring these boats back from the dead. Manufacturers of these great products are not just blowing smoke when the suggest a well ventilated area for use of chemicals.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)