Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1950's SpeedLiner

1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #24227

Anybody know anything about SpeedLiners. This came with a Tee Nee I recently purchased and I'm trying to figure out the year and model. I already have one project so this will be going up for sale. Definitely needs some work. Looks like most of the ribbing is good, can't say much for the ply though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #24256

Nice find!
According to Bob Speltz' book "The Real Runabouts Vol. IV", it looks like you have a 1957 Model M-214 Speedliner. The layouts in the book show various rear steering controls, but I'm sure they offered about any configuration like Wagemaker and Cadilac boats out of Michigan. They were in the wood boat business until 1962 when they switched over to fiberglass. They also made their own trailers.
They were originally out of Chicago, and made racing hulls.
Hope you find a buyer, it could be c cool boat.
Tom

Re:1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #24276

Thanks for the help. I've been wanting to buy that set of books, just never have gotten around to it. Id keep her but just dont have the space for two boats.

You ought to look at aeroliner-boats.com/2.html . Pretty cool story. They bought one of the last racing Speedliner's as well as the plans for it. They still build them today.

General Marine assets were bought by Sea Jay in St Joseph and they will restore or build a you a new SpeedLiner.

Again, thanks for the help.

Re:1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #24983

• FINS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Do you have a buyer, or price set for your Speedliner? We are up in Washington and missed out on a Speedliner project in California at the end of last year. Would be interested to get some details from you when you are ready.

Re:1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #25653

It went up on Ebay about 2 weeks ago. 35 people were watching but in the end only one person bid. It went for $207 to someone that is going to put it in a bar (probably going to cut it in half) which I kinda hate to see. I contacted SeaJay boats and they looked up the SN for me. Turns out it's a 54 Caballero. The Ebay winner is still trying to figure out how to ship it...

Re:1950's SpeedLiner 13 years 2 months ago #25656

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Whirlwind wrote: It went for $207 to someone that is going to put it in a bar (probably going to cut it in half)...

... The Ebay winner is still trying to figure out how to ship it...[/quote]

That WOULD be a shame- It's a pretty little boat.

I'd say, however, that there's probably STILL a chance- Once they get some shipping quotes, they may second guess their plans- It'll probably cost MANY times what the boat cost to buy to have it shipped, if it's going any distance! Perhaps someone who's looking to restore it could be ready to offer to take it off their hands :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7008 guests and no members online