• Page:

TOPIC: 1950 Owens 18'

1950 Owens 18' 3 years 11 months ago #142038

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone !! here is a 1950 Owens 18' wood boat I came across.. said to be possibly one of a kind.. I haven't been able to find another like it.. it has a head between the seats.. thought you might like to see this one..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1950 Owens 18' 3 years 11 months ago #142047

Well John I have to admit I have not seen any Owens that looks like that. Doesn't mean it isn't one, just never seen that one before. Looks very cool! The woody boat experts can chime in here. Maybe Thompson Boat recognizes this hull version.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: John T.

1950 Owens 18' 3 years 11 months ago #142048

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Waterwings wrote: Well John I have to admit I have not seen any Owens that looks like that. Doesn't mean it isn't one, just never seen that one before. Looks very cool! The woody boat experts can chime in here. Maybe Thompson Boat recognizes this hull version.

Bob

Thanks Bob.. I spoke with its owner.. its a 1950 Owens Sport Cruiser.. he has a original factory brochure of this boat.. and this is the only one he has every seen.. it sat in a barn for 47 years before it acquired it.. it still resides under a roof .. he freshened it up and has used it quite a bit since... he has taken it to several antique boats around him and no one has ever seen another one like it.. here's a few photos he sent me of it as it looked when he picked it up.. the others won't load.. something about the size..
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)