Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 14" Jav lyn boat find need info

14" Jav lyn boat find need info 7 years 6 months ago #127732

I just bought this boat, I have been in process of buying it for a couple weeks, but finally retrieved it today. Its a Jav Lyn boat, 14' made in California. It has plate on dashboard. Its mahogany with fiberglass outside. Some one started working on it years ago, and sanded large areas of the fiberglass, and reglassed the bottom. It came with an 850 Cloud white mercury, and was told this was on it. I was also told it had won some trophy's for river racing. I saw an ad out of a 59 boating magazine that showed a similar boat.The inside of the boat looks to be in great shape, I see no rotten spots, or damage, but does need refinishing. It has what I believe is the original ride guide steering and controls, which were mounted in the middle of the boat. I plan on starting restoration on this soon, and would like any info on restoration, or history on the boat. It also has a wood trailer, maybe homemade, but very well built, and I just pulled it 250 miles with this trailer. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:14" Jav lyn boat find need info 7 years 6 months ago #127739

Nice find, I like the hull lines. I have to admit I'm not familiar with it. Looks like they moved the wheel to race it with one person, problem is it will be uncomfortable to drive if putting around with no back support, Just my 2 cents. It's a cold form plywood hull. Putting fiberglass on it is fine but you REALLY have to make sure it adheres to every bit of the wood or it will get water behind it and rot from the inside out.

Bob

Re:14" Jav lyn boat find need info 7 years 6 months ago #127741

the steering wheel was mounted on far left, From the info I can find the boat had the fiberglass applied at the factory

Re:14" Jav lyn boat find need info 7 years 6 months ago #127929

There's info in the Library:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Jav_Lyn

Plus all these things I have researched over the years to write up a history for the Library:
Attachments:

Re:14" Jav lyn boat find need info 7 years 6 months ago #128101

Here is a photo of one restored from a few years back..
Javlyn was noted for some really nice looking boats..
They were very much into racing during the 1960's mostly
southern California.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7935 guests and one member online