Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dunphy Questions

Dunphy Questions 8 years 10 months ago #110137

I recently got a 14 foot molded plywood Santana Special. From what I have heard from the previous owner, a molded plywood blank was taken to Diner Key Florida where the boat was assembled. On the transom are the numbers "3-380". Do these numbers sound like numbers from Dunphy? If so, what do they mean? The previous owner said he was told it is a 1952. Could the "3" indicate 1953, and the "380" a production number? Any info appreciated. I tried to add images, but a message said they were too big, and I do not know how to change them. I could send them to some one else if they can help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Dunphy Questions 8 years 10 months ago #110157

Try this for resizing. it worked for me.
Just hit the browes button to get to your picture then upload
webresizer.com/resizer/

Re:Dunphy Questions 8 years 5 months ago #115741

Dear FastjohnII, I was surprised to see this question as I thought I was the only person around that had a Santana Special. Here is what I have been able to find out which is not much. It seems that Dunphy Boat Co. Built an unknown amount of boats for Harry Santana of Santana Marine Service who also sold other boats along with Johnson and Evenrude motors. His marina was located at Dinner Key Florida where the original Pan Am sea planes headquarters and base was in an old hanger. I have only been able to find one picture of his boats and that was in a book online but also found old news clippings that noted he sold a Santana Special fishing boat to this person or that person but nothing more. My Santana's hull number is 3-194 and yes the (3) does indicate the year and I have some original Dunphy Boat brochures' that I could look to see if your number is listed in. I would love to see some pictures of yours if you would not mind sending some along to my email of This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I attach one here and could send more and would love to tell you the great story of my Santana Special. Later I hope, Roger

Re:Dunphy Questions 8 years 5 months ago #115802

I have no clue if the Hull ID means anything.

Dunphy Boat brochures and other historic items have been scanned and put onto a CD-ROM. I am not sure if Fred Pospechil in Two Rivers, WI (the guy that did the work) is still selling the CD.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)