Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is

so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 4 months ago #88358

I have spent days on google images looking at boats and think I have narrowed it down to 3 different makers. I need help as Im not sure what it is. after finding this site Im even more confused so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

I think it may be either

1. Bellboy
2. Arkansas traveler
3. Sears
the pink list it as a 1969 unknown builder, hull number is N093790
17 feet in length
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 4 months ago #88359

another photo
Attachments:

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 4 months ago #88360

one more photo.
Attachments:

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 4 months ago #88361

what ever it is it runs good as we have taken it out.

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 4 months ago #88388

bus kid,

NO clue here but nonetheless WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91641

Funny thing it's the same color as my 1974 corson made in Maine but mine is a 19 ft yours looks similar to there 15 and17 ft models but I can't find any info on mine lol if you look at images of corson boats on google you will see similar pics the maker of corson closed there doors in 1991 and its hard to find info good luck

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91675

Thanks for the info. what does yours weight and whats the max capacity, max motor size? Mine is missing the plate and I'm considering upgrading / increasing the motor size. I have taken it out into the Pacific ocean a few times now with my dad, we both are under 200 lbs and with my son and nephew, top speed was 20-25 with a 1977 merc.50 2 stroke. we fish for 6 hours and burned 6 gallons covered just over 18 nautical miles most of the time at WOT moving from spot to spot.

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91690

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Just "guestimating" here Bus Kid, but I'm thinking you could run a 70 to 100 hp motor on that without a problem. There's a forumla listed on here somewhere the USCG uses to calculate the max, we'll have to see if we can find it for you. That's assuming the structure (transom, stringers, etc.) is still in good shape.

The one drawback to up-sizing the motor is that you're probably going to burn a good bit more fuel.

edit:
found the link - www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/alumi-classics/maximum-horse-power#87350

Mark

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91698

Thank you all for the info. looking at the e-tech 90 hp 4 stroke. fuel burn is not really a concern as we only fish a few miles from shore and have a 20 gallon capacity and vessel assist just in case. with a newer 4 stroke we should get about the same burn but wont have to run WOT to keep the boat on plane.

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91786

Evinrude Etecs are two stroke, direct charge engines, though they burn as clean as a 4 stroke. I have a 50 Etec. The TCW-3 tank is under the hood, and for my 50, will go 100 hours on a tank of oil. The great thing about the Etec is that it has all the pep/acceleration of a two stroke but burns clean and sips fuel.

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91788

bus kid,

Perhaps you should consider a F-Model Bearcat55 (or even a pair of them, if 110HP isn't too much for your runabout.)

From time to time, I see the F-Models for sale for around 500.oo each in good to excellent condition & sometimes for considerably less.
Also, you might consider one of the 3-cylinder OMC 70HP outboards, as those are CHEAP & long-lived.

just my opinion (as the forum's "resident cheakskate"), satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:so I got this boat and cant figure out what it is 10 years 1 month ago #91820

the hull and lift strakes look a bit like slickcraft.......? dayton.craigslist.org/boa/4402553656.html
or this silverline in Dayton OH.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)