Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Floor covering options...

Floor covering options... 10 years 10 months ago #80202

So the 73 Bell Boy has a nice floor except for some stains and a few tears and some peeling in the color top surface of the vinyl. Of course it is a aqua-ish color and the texture is unique enough I highly doubt I will be able to match it. Id like to use the boat for fishing from time to time so blood will need to be cleaned up. Any suggestions as far as floor covering? Removable Marine Grade Carpet? New retro looking vinyl? Deck Paint or Rhino Lining of some type? Your experience and opinions are welcomed here. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Change is Opportunity!

Re:Floor covering options... 10 years 10 months ago #80205

Gelcoat with some non-skid. Durable and easy to work with (In my mind). But it can get a bit hot from time to time. I've heard of the rhino lining/bed liner stuff being good too, but I've only got a small test area on my seat boxes to see how it turns out. So far, shows fairly good durability.

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re:Floor covering options... 10 years 10 months ago #80219

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've heard nothing but good things about Nautolex vinyl flooring for boats, sounds like it might be something like what you're looking for?;
www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&productId=107067&langId=-1#.UeMXn6zInSg

Mark

Re:Floor covering options... 10 years 9 months ago #80274

Boy that looks close in regards to texture but not in color. Think I will be doing some research here in the next few days seeing what is available a little closer to the original color. I was even thinking maybe a few anti fatigue mats for now to cover the bad spots?

Change is Opportunity!

Re:Floor covering options... 10 years 9 months ago #80364

I've used the Nautolex vinyl flooring and it is really nice. Looks like berber carpet but thin, I got it from Bass Pro, glue extra.

If you go with paint the H&C SharkGrip is very good non-skid additive. www.sherwin-williams.com/painting-contractors/products/catalog/hc-sharkgrip/ Our Whaler has it on the deck mixed with dove gray Awlgrip paint, very popular in fishing boat down here. It's available at most places that sell paint, home centers etc.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)