Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1976 Mirro Rally I/O

1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32151

Just purchased and nearly perfect boat for an elderly couple. Only used for after dinner rides around the lake and kept in a covered shore station or garage....original interior etc....any body have any literature or specs or anything? Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32159

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice find, she looks almost NEW! Would love to see more pics, and keep us posted on trial runs, etc.. ;)

Mark

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32182

Thanks...she looks better in person....hoping some one has brochures or specs to share or copy.....love to maintain her in original condition......thanks for looking..Allen
Attachments:

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32240

MirroCraft was originally owned by Mirro Aluminum of Manitowoc, WI.

There was corporate diversification into Cruisers, Inc of Oconto, WI and Rally was a line of smaller runabouts made by Cruisers. You will see boats with logos that state something like "Mirro Marine division" on them.

When the economy went bad about '79 or 80, things started getting sold & Cruisers was spun off. MirroCraft was spun off too, actually sold to the some employees about 1982 and moved to Gillett, WI. They are still there today with some of the original employees. Cruisers stayed in Oconto & is still there today as Cruiser Yachts.

Maybe AJ could add a bit more detail.

Jim

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32401

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, nice to find another vintage Mirro still out there.
BTW, the originals were part of the aluminum pots and pans company.
I restored a 1960 that my dad bought new, and had a tough time finding any info out there. The mirrocraft website had a "contact" page, but I never got any reply at all from them.

My dad has the original brochure, you can see a high res copy on this site in the library.

Good luck, and keep us posted in your search.
Attachments:

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32420

Thanks for all your input....pickd up original brochurs this week on ebay......this is a low hours boat that was well maintained. This is a great site for help too.

Allen

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32439

Jim Andros is correct. "Rally" was the smaller sport boat line by Cruisers Division of Mirro Marine. The boats were made at Oconto, WI. They only used the "Rally" moniker for a few years.

I probably have some 1970s brochures for Cruisers Division but they are boxed up and packed away due to my recent move.

You should be able to determine the model year via the 12 character VIN or hull ID stamped into the outside of the transom, on the starboard side.

Bring her to the Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally 24-26 June 2011 at Marinette, WI. Would love to see her there.

Andreas

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32482

jim bart wrote:

The mirrocraft website had a "contact" page, but I never got any reply at all from them.
quote]

The emails most likely went to their inside sales guy, Tim. He was at best a kid back in '82 when they were spun off. So, he wouldn't have any direct knowledge of the way old stuff. I would guess that most information regarding the early boats stayed with Mirro aluminum in Manitowoc.

Jim

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32726

Is there a way to contact Cruisers to see if they might have any obsolete stuff...... Only real thing that would top off this boat would the the wood grain dash surround around the gauges....seems to be vacuum formed plastic with wood simulated vinyl applique? The rest of the boat is really very nice. Any help on brochures would be appreciated. I got the merc crusier manuals I and II with the boat and cruisers info piece. Thanks.

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32738

Cruisers Yachts is located in Oconto, WI. You will need to look up their phone number.

Personally, I would expect your chances of winning the lotery to be better than finding a dash panel.

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32804

Cruisers is still very much in business. There is no way they will have parts for boats from the 1970s. Boat builders just don't keep stuff around that long. But give 'em a call and ask.

Cruisers Yachts
904 Pecor Street (same location since 1953)
Oconto, WI

Kendor Marine in South Milwaukee has lots of old, obsolete boat stuff. They may be worth investigating.

Andreas

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32840

Andreas...let me know when you get to the brochures. I may have an interest if you could copy or sell the ones appropriate....its a 1976-77 175 Rally...

Also need a good shot of the rally logo with flag, maybe I can get a sign shop to repro the decals from it.

Thanks to all for input and help.

Allen

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 11 months ago #32897

Contacted Cruiser yachts and they had some info and an original pair of hull decals available.....they were very helpful and attentive. Thanks for the information. Putting her in the Lake tomorrow....our 1st time.

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 9 months ago #37618

Andreas, was hoping you might locate those brochures mentioned in my post by you...I have been enjoying the Mirro Rally Cruiser and get lots of compliments on the shape of it after all those summers..its a 1976 model. Thanks....allen
Attachments:

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 9 months ago #37868

Just looked at my files. I have a 1976 Cruisers flyer. Also one from 1975 and a full brochure for 1977. There are no RALLY models shown. Does that indicate they printed a separate brochure for the Rally line? I do not know.

What did the company provide to you?

I do have a 1979 full line brochure which does include the RALLY models. It shows models 150, 174 and 194. None of them look like your boat.

Andreas

Re:1976 Mirro Rally I/O 12 years 9 months ago #37889

I checked my NADA book & it lists "Rally/Mirro Marine" seperate from Cruisers. Both are listed at the Oconto address. MirroCraft is listed seperate again with the Gillett address.

1981 was the last year they were produced. My book only goes to 1977, but they were in production then.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)