Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to me 1973 Starcraft

New to me 1973 Starcraft 3 years 8 months ago #142979

I just acquired a 1974 Starcraft. I think the model is "American". Has 165 HP OMC I/O drive. Nice olive / lime green in color. Guy was getting rid of it because his buddy tried bypassing the electric shift cable and screwed things up. I think he wired an extra switch to the trim or tilt solenoids. I'd does have a few small chips below waterline, all less than dime size and pretty much through gel coat. Not leaking I'm told. Can I just fix and fill with GFlex epoxy?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to me 1973 Starcraft 3 years 8 months ago #142983

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Most excellent choice in boating. Starcraft has been around a long time. I just sold my American 15. Handles well on the water and can cut through chop seamlessly. Mine had an outboard but the OMC I/O should be just fine. The hull is heavy enough to fix any dings or scrapes. The floor might have issues of rotting especially under the seats where they are attached to the floor. There are two main keel boards off center with plenty of space around them for air circulation so they shouldn't be compromised. A few years back I purchased just the hull with a motor, the rest was trash from sitting outside without a cover so it was gutted to the bones. No issues with integrity whatsoever. It was completely rebuilt to resemble a 40's era built but the boat itself was strong. Get the shift issue fixed and you'll have a solid runner that you can enjoy for many years.
PS. I do have a complete windshield if needed otherwise it's going to be recycled.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7745 guests and one member online