Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post bugs, suggestions and likes/dislikes about features of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strange login problem

Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97787

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
When I logged in today, the forums list didn't show any new posts highlighted, and didn't show me as logged in. (Welcome guest). If I click on a forum that has recent posts, they are highlighted as new but only in the forum, not on the main page. Also, in the forum it says I'm logged in (Welcome Normspeed) but not on the main page. Odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97803

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Happens to me at times too. When I see no high lighted new post any forum, just have to log in again and hit remember me. But every few weeks, have to do it again.. No big problem me, and no, I don't know why either.

Re:Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97911

Having similar problems. Forums don't seem to be updating, then all of a sudden they do, and the next time I go on they are back to three or four days old even though post says "2 hours ago".
If I hit Help, then some newer posts are added, then are gone again at next login. Strange.
Sometimes I can log in, sometimes not.
Both home and shop computer are doing it so it's either FG site,IP provider, modem, or wireless system?
I will try laptop next.
Any ideas?

Don

Re:Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97959

• Normspeed
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yesterday I cleared my browser cache, changed permissions to allow more types of cookies, but no improvement. Then I requested a new password online and that seems to have helped. Still can't get into my profile, so for now I'll have to use the site-generated password. Gotta have my daily dose of FG!

Re:Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97988

I am still having update and login problems. I finally was able to login from the Register page.
My Forums have not updated for a number of days. I thought it may have been from my computer settings, but my shop computer and my wifes side of our home computer, are also doing the same thing, but seemed to be locked up at different points in time. That might indicate that as I tried to access FG from each computer FG locked at that point. I can also move the lock up date between two or three time periods by hitting the Help button. Also Recent Discussions gives me another locked up forum version.
I have rebooted the computers and checked dates. All are OK. I have also checked the browser settings on both
I created a new password, but that didn't help. I have made nine screen shots to illustrate the problem and I am willing to put them in a Word doc., and give an explanation of each if it will help solve my problem.
Ken, if you read this could you try to PM me or contact me at nine five two four 4 zero four zero 6 6 I would appreciate it.

Don

Re:Strange login problem 9 years 9 months ago #97992

• Normspeed
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I think my bookmarks got corrupted somehow. When I finally got to a forum categories page that showed highlighted subjects for new posts, I made a fresh bookmark there and deleted my old one. Seems to work ok.

The no access to profile thing looks like a separate issue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7941 guests and 4 members online