Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post bugs, suggestions and likes/dislikes about features of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiberglassics logo?

Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 2 months ago #73546

What sort of permission (or whatever) does an ACBS chapter need to use the Fiberglassics logo in a program encouraging fiberglassics owners to attend a local show? I've been asked by my chapter event chairs to find out whether we can use this logo. Thanks in advance for any help!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 2 months ago #73573

Frank,

If you could send the flyer to me to review I'd appreciate it. Just don't want to incur any liability as we have no insurance for certain types of things.

Some people (not our users!) would just as sue you as say hello sometimes. Not often but it can happen.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 2 months ago #73628

From what I understand Ken, it would be in a program, not a flyer. As soon as I get more info, you will be the first to know. Basically the idea is to let folks know that as an ACBS chapter, we encourage 'glassics and want more of them to participate with the chapter, and to attend our annual meet the 3rd weekend every July in Hammondsport, NY, one of the country's coolest towns!

Thanks!

Frank

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 2 months ago #73636

frank, i've displayed the banner at tuckerton seaport shows with no problems. never asked permission....ron
Attachments:

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 2 months ago #73663

We want to use the logo to promote FG and attract more glassics Ron. Seeing I'm so far away from the action over in Hammondsport, I can only communicate via the web, so I'll do the best I can! It will certainly be clear that FG is not supporting the show, if that is a concern. Rather, we want to support FG!

Frank

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 1 month ago #74139

That all sounds reasonable. Ie, the show isn't put on by FG, just that FG is there as a guest. What's not to like?

Hello, World!!

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 1 month ago #74150

Frank,

There is another local group in the area that is heavilly into "FiberGlassics", yet they have not been reached out to by this group. Even when we have reached out to them with inquirey, they have not responded. This was not the case with the previous people involved with the show by the way. Maybe if they want to reach out to someone they should try those closer to home first?

Dave

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 1 month ago #74163

Dave, are you talking about the show in Hammondsport? I've posted here three years in a row in the NE section about the show. As a member of the Wine Country Classics, you could consider me one of "the previous people" I guess. Who should I reach out to outside of FG? If it's easier, pm or email me. I'll reach out to anybody around, as I believe this is an excellent venue for the entire NE as a place for glassheads to get together, and as just a great place to have it.

In the future, if you or anyone here want to reach out to someone about the Hammondsport show, reach out to me! I'm on the show committee (the only glasshead too!).

Frank

P.S. Terry & Rosemary are no longer even on the show committee, so if you've been trying to get hold of them, you might not get a response. They're good friends of ours and have their hands full right now with other things going on in their life.

cc1000 wrote:

Frank,

There is another local group in the area that is heavilly into "FiberGlassics", yet they have not been reached out to by this group. Even when we have reached out to them with inquirey, they have not responded. This was not the case with the previous people involved with the show by the way. Maybe if they want to reach out to someone they should try those closer to home first?

Dave

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 1 month ago #74191

Yes Frank, I am talking about the Hammondsport Show.

In the past, Terry and Rosemary were very active in recruiting new attendees for the show, both Glassics and others. Since the new regime, Hank et al, there has been none of that. I attempted to contact them on behalf of the Nickle City Classics group, and got no response. For them to say they encourage Glass, but then do nothing to actually encourage participation rings hollow as far as I'm concerned.

I'll email you directly on this further, talk to you soon. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Fiberglassics logo? 11 years 1 month ago #74193

Terry & Rosemary are off the committee for personal reasons Dave. They always worked with me to encourage glassic attendance. You never saw them post here, it was always me. The new chair of the show is Jack Young, and he is ably assisted by his significant other Patti Bandy. These folks both have day jobs, and actually Jack travels a lot, so it's different than when Terry & Rosemary were involved as they were both retired.

Use me as a contact for the show. Jack and Patty have asked me to do what I can to encourage glassic attendance, so just let me know what I need to do. I hope we do good this year!

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)