Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a question about an other outboard? Scott, Ward and others are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 75hp Scott Impeller

75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #97887

I have been on the hunt for a replacement water impeller for my 62 75hp flying scott motor. The mechanic that had it jammed it on the shaft with an incorrect key and ended up cutting into it to get it off. Bad part is that I can't find a replacement for it anywhere. Sierra made one that was part #18-3025 but is long since out of production. The dimensions are .705 height 2.90 diameter and a 3/4" bore with a singe .141 key. Please help me find something that will work - Tyson.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #97914

• sabot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Try Globe impellers on the internet the also have a toll free phone #
I had trouble finding an impeller for my Homelite 55 and the came up with the impeller
Oh do you have any xtra prop's you might sell. As the Homelite 55 takes the same prop as your scott.
Sabot on fiberglassics :)

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98062

Ive never delt with this company, but it says they have them in stock.

home.earthlink.net/~flyingscott/

Scott

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98103

Try these people. I have bought many 60/75 HP Scott parts from them. I they don't have them they probably know where to get them.

www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_scott_atwater.html

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98107

• Larry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Tyson,

This gentleman has all the Scott impeller molds and will mold a new impeller on your bushing. $35 exchange.

Bob Long
325 Washington St. N.E. #433
Olympia, WA 98501
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Larry
Vintage Boatworks

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98144

I looked into his but he requires a bushing for exchange, and mine is destroyed. Does anyone know where I can get one with a hub attached? Heck, even one with and rubber all work.

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98145

I called them up but they didn't have any, thanks.

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98146

aaai GET MOST OF MINE FROM EBAY BOUHGT A BAG OF THEM YEARS BACK.THEIR LIKE HENS TEETH AT TIMES

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98148

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98159

I called laings, they basically laughed at me when I asked for it. All the have is the bailer impeller and I bought one of those.

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98165

I have a box of used impellers and bushings with missing rubber. I'll check this morning when I get out to the shop.
I'll see if I have any more than what I think I will need.
If I do you can work with Larry's guy and have one made.

Don

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 8 months ago #98189

I have a number of used impellers and I can spare one that has one broken tip. The bushing is good and you should be able to get it remolded with new rubber.
Email me through the site and we can talk more about it.

Don

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 7 months ago #98929

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 7 months ago #99056

• sabot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You might also check Defender marine product's they can also order the impeller for you. and sometime's it's cheaper
But Globe is a very reputiable co. and good service
Have a good one and good luck
Sabot

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 6 months ago #99765

so did ya ever get one?

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106148

No, I didnt. I tried every shop in San Diego I could find and called all the people they told me to call. Nobody even has a clue what motor I am talking about.

I also emailed about getting it remolded, he said he doesnt have that mold any more or something. Didn't seem real interested in helping me out.

So the search continues.

Tyson

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106153

Flyingscot62,

There is an impeller bushing out there somewhere. This is a copy of the email you sent me when I offered to send you a useable impeller bushing. Date was 7-22-2014.

This is a message from Flyingscott1962 at fiberglassics.com ( www.fiberglassics.com ) to you:

Hi Don,
Do you have an impeller that would work? Is it from a 40/60/75hp Scott? It doesn't really matter as long as the dimensions are right. If you send me a Paypal address I will gladly give you a few $ for it.
Thanks,
Tyson

At that point I told you I did have one. You emailed me your address and I packed it up and sent it no charge and picked up the small amount of shipping. I did not email any message to you to watch for it, and now looking back, I should have.
After that I didn't hear anything concerning you getting it.
Now to make this more of a mystery about two months ago I inadvertantly trashed all of my sent and received email. My internet provider was able to recover my inbox, but not my sent messages. I should have been able to go back and see the rest of the emails between us, but there is only the one.
The only other possibility is that I was dealing with another person on some Scott parts and the possibilty exists that I sent to him, but if I did, he never mentioned it.
Now I see why I never heard anything back. I should have followed it up more closely.
I believe the address I sent to was on the west coast.
Oh well, it may be laying in the dead mail files somewhere.
I have since picked up a couple of more motors and have a impeller with a good bushing if you would like, but this time I'll keep a little closer tabs on things. The Scott Guy is still molding impellers as far as I know.
Let me know if you need one.

Don

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106168

Hi Don,

I did receive your bushing back then and I sent and email stating thanks for it. Here is the below chain:

I have had an eBay alert set up since for an impeller with no luck. Last night I email Bob again and now he said he can remold the rubber for me, but back then he told me the mold was unavailable.

I do appreciate you volunteering that bushing up for me. I will post pics when I get it back and put it in.

Tyson

Re: ImpellerMonday, July 28, 2014 7:24 PM Mark as Unread Flag this messageFrom: "Tyson Carter" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>To: "Don Knauff" <***>Full Headers Printable View

Hi Don, I received the impeller today, thanks a lot. I will send it out to get repaired soon. I just noticed that you had 2 photos in your email. It seems like you have quite the teardown and rebuild cut out for your self. One more question though, do you know what/where I can get a replacement for the upper driveshaft seal? The one with the snap ring that holds it on...

Thanks
Tyson

On Fri, 7/25/14, Don Knauff <***> wrote:

Subject: Re: Impeller
To: "Tyson Carter" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Friday, July 25, 2014, 12:49 PM

On 7/24/2014 6:20 PM,
Tyson Carter wrote:

Don't bother. If I ever get to San Diego
you will have to buy me a beer.

Don

>
Thanks I really appreciate it. I will get you the money
asap.
>
> Tyson[/i]

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106169

I forgot to add I have been deployed on the USS Carl Vinson since August, which is why I haven't been active. Best I can tell, the impeller and a battery are the only things my Scott are still missing.

Tyson

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106197

Well that explains that. I don't believe I ever received your last email. I now remember sending you the one about you having to buying me a beer if I ever got to San Diego, but if I got the other email I would have replied on the driveshaft seal, which, by the way are scarce as hen's teeth. Could have got hung up in my spam filter.
The Scott part numbers are 3321959 for the boot and 73200 for the ring. You should be able to salvage the ring. The boots are almost always hardened from heat and broken apart. I have always been able to salvage enough to get my motors back together, but right now I am down to one spare. I would try Discount Marine or Liangs. They might have one.
Pony Boy may also have extras.
The 1958 60 HP didn't use the boot seal. It just had an O ring and it fit inside the bore in the adapter plate. That made the plate and driveshaft for the 58 a one off, and it got me to thinking why the boot is even in there. It just protects the bottom of the powerhead and there is a bottom seal on the crankshaft. I'm not absolutely convinced that it has to be in the motor, especially on a low usage
motor. If there is enough left of the old one so the ring will hold it in position on the driveshaft it will be good enough.
Is the Bob you are referring to the Scott Guy? I checked and the Scott Guy is still doing impellers, or at least his websites says he is.
Yell if you need help.

Don
Attachments:

Re:75hp Scott Impeller 9 years 1 month ago #106203

Yes, that is the same Bob. I had asked him before I left about it, actually I think it was the same day I received your bushing in the mail and he told me that the mold was not available, or he wasnt doing them anymore, or something along those lines. Also said he didnt know when they would be available....Well fast forward 7 months and I asked him again so all is well now.

I put an o-ring on the shaft, at least until the day comes where I come across a seal. I think it will be okay. Thanks for the info.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)