Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's been keeping me busy

What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73567

• Waterwings
  • Waterwings's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Well lots of honey do's and trying to get the garage in woodworking shape to restore the century.

First was these stools for Thanksgiving. Had to make them match the table chairs. Hard to tell from the pics, stools are far away to fit them in, the table close had the flash, but they do match.

Also picked up this little gem for $100. Wouldn't start and had a flat tire. New 30amp fuse and spark plug( just for kicks) and she started right up. New inner tube and she's good to go. Slime didn't work.

1.5 hp Kohler. I'm thinking of welding a piece of 2" angle iron with a 2" square short piece of tube as a hitch receiver. Should be able to pull Hey Bud (Clipper) out of shed and back and forth from the side of the shed to take her boating while the Century sits inside the shed to get restored.

The other thing I was working on was building a new sliding miter saw station. took down the old one, it took up the whole side of the garage, took up too much room, lost space for other things. This works much better.

With it's wings out. Should fit anything I want now. Have to redo the drawer front. I had to use different wood and I didn't stain it right to match.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73582

Great looking work there. As for the drawer just tell people you designed it that way to see if they noticed. Skip.

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73587

nice work bob,my dad had a garden tractor and put the hitch in the front,its much easier to steer the trailer and you dont have to keep looking back,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73588

NICE :laugh:

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73600

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks guys.
john, I was thinking that but I'm a little worried that it might be too much weight on the front and lift the back tires off. If it's on the back at least the drive tires will still be on the ground and maybe my weight will be enough to keep the front down. Don't know for sure, just guessing at this point. If I put it on the front I'll still have to look backward when I back the boats out but would be easier to put it back in place pushing it.

Thoughts guys?

Bob

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73601

Not bad for a 2 wire..

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73621

bob,put one on the front and one on the back,thats what dad did.he usually used the front one unless he was towing a long way.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73624

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I have that same mower I got free! (not running, but only about 3 hours of work and it was good to go) The front wheel bushings are plastic. Replace with brass and add some good grease. You should be able to use a front hitch as long as you don't over do it. If you have trouble wit it lifting the rear wheels it is time for more hot dogs and pie!

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73651

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks guys. i think the front one would be easier to make with less welding so i'll try that first. the most it can do is not work right?!

Bob

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73777

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
When you finish the Century you're going to need the tractor to pull it around, take my word for it. I pushed the sabre around for a year before I picked up a non-running Yamaha Y6700 for $250. Had to rebuild the hydrostatic transmission but now I wouldn't be able to move the woodie without it. As for the drawer front nothing that a another layer of stain couldn't fix up. Great looking chairs/stools.

Re:What's been keeping me busy 11 years 3 months ago #73802

• Waterwings
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks Cal I figured as much. i'll really need it to move the Wagemaker around so I can use it while the Century's in the shed. Plan on another coat of stain for the drawer front. ;)

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)