Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time Machine.

Time Machine. 11 years 4 months ago #72670

Went to Butler today to the Pullman Mall that is where Pullman Standard used to be. I worked there a few years in the late 70's and early 80's. I operated Automatic Submerged arc welders. I worked on mostly putting the stakes on the sides of the three bin covered hoppers. I operated every welding machine they had at one time or another so the whole car I knew intimately. All the sudden in front of me there it was. It looked like a bright new shiny three bin covered hopper just like the last one to come out of the long ago gone factory. Of course having a camera in my pocket I had to take pics. What memories it brought back. It is on permanent display. A thing brought back from when we used to make things in this country, back when Pullman Standard was the big boy of RR cars manufacturing. Back to the a factory job I loved. Back to where you could see an Automatic submerged arc operator and know who he was by the way his American Made Channel locks stuck out of his back pocket. Well here is to the one who came back home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Time Machine. 11 years 4 months ago #72693

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Nice! I work in a Trading office we talk about rail cars buy and sell loads of soy meal, hill, etc. but never get to see them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)