Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Son's F-150

My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #66170

Well he is always working. Last two days he worked over 30 hours and spent the some of yesterday at a truck stop in Ohio sleeping. He is driving a cement truck for the mercellus gas Well industry. It was to be a project we are/were doing together. Well he has done little on it. He gets a weekend off call every other week but they take it away often. :angry: He works and is away a lot. I painted inside the doors yesterday. I'll get the cab wet-sanded next few days and see if I can find someone to shoot it. When I sprayed my truck I had a hard time running the spraygun. I may shoot the roof and hood and do the rest at a different time if I can't. He has lots of friends. The truck on has 80 some thousand on it. You turn the AC on and it pelts you with ice cubes it is so cold. It is a 5 liter automatic overdrive with 4 wheel drive. It is a sweet truck. I wish it were mine. I wish he would have bought a nicer bed. I deserves a nicer bed. I'm exhaused working in this heat. :S If he sells this truck I'm going to be pissed. I have a bunch of work into it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #66325

robert thats going to be a great looking rig when your done,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #66476

Nobody stepped forward to help out as usual. He has lots of friends when something needs done of theirs. I can't lean out to get the roof and hood without leaning against the body so I had to paint them seperatly. I'll have to wait till it hardens up to shoot the rest. :angry:
Attachments:

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #66481

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I like that medium blue color Robert, it's going to look great when you're done with it.

Mark

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #66508

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #67079

Got the sides done.
Attachments:

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #67707

Now to bring this bed to life.
Attachments:

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #67750

if the bed turns out like the cab(and it will)its going to be a great looking truck,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 8 months ago #67768

I have issues with this bed. It is rusty. The cab is rust free. He could have had a rust free bed for $500.00. It had dents inside the bed as a truck will but was a good solid rust free bed. This one he paid $300.00 for to save money. So far he has $100.00 into patch panels and the work has not even started yet. In my opinion this is stupid because in the long run he has a rusty repaired bed at alot more work. I am not kidding this cab is in very good shape. I replaced the fenders with rust free ones. KIDS

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 7 months ago #68384

Just found out tonight that he never transferred the truck in his name and may in fact may give the truck back to his Father-in-law after I have done all this work. ??????????????? I only did it for my son, not my In laws. Looks like the truck is as done as it's going to get from my stand point. I put this truck before my own projects. We got to get some clarification on who's truck this is going to be. I'm not doing it for my health. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :unsure: Sorry for the rant but I just spent a nice portion of my summer in 90 degree weather to fix a truck for my son. In the meantime my boat is not ready to go and my bathroom was put off for two months. I can't work fast anymore.

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 7 months ago #68485

OK we got that straightened out. He is keeping the truck and if he does ever want to get rid of it I will have it. They were thinking of leaving it go and her father wanted it back. All I said is I can't see Sam doing this much for me, and do you have any idea how much work I have into this truck. How many 90 degree plus days of work on it. I'm doing it for you, not Sam.

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 7 months ago #68518

Good for you Robert! Some times our kids need a "re-alignment". LOL Glad to see all your work isn't going to waste.

Bob

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 7 months ago #68544

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Waterwings wrote:

Good for you Robert! Some times our kids need a "re-alignment". LOL Glad to see all your work isn't going to waste.
Bob

AMEN to that Bob, glad to hear you got it all straightened out Robert. (Better done now than after it's all finished then "given away", right!?)

Mark

Re:My Son's F-150 11 years 7 months ago #68572

I have to admit that both of my sons have had a history of selling things after I have helped them fix it up. A few years ago I told them both I will only help them if they keep it themselves. A parent does not mind giving to his children, but when somebody else reaps all the benefits of my work and not my off spring it makes me angry. I guess I had to remind him of that.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)