Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: little yorkie pup

little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63669

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
we got a new puppy today,its for my wife for our 29th anniversery,a 10 week old yorkie,he wont replace our buddy "yukon",but he has already found a spot in my wifes heart.

its nice to have something good happen after all the bad things this past year.john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63692

With that dog in your lap, you might enjoy more than a wolf on your lap. I know he will never replace the Wolf. You never replace a dog, you just get a new friend. This is Rosie. She had a genetic problem with her kidneys. They didn't grow with her. Eventually she died from failure at about 16 months old. She was great in the boat. My dog Babe I have now NEVER lies down in the boat. I miss all my dogs I ever had. They are all special. Babe is the most athletic dog I ever had but Rambo (a yellow lab) was close behind. He developed heart failure but was with us for 12 years despite that. I helped deliver him, and I buried him.But he died in my kids arms. He died on 2-22-1992 at 2:22 am. He was special. This was last week at Crooked Creek. Sunrise with babe.
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63693

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
beautiful dogs roberti know how it feels to lose them,yukon was also 12 years old.
we always had big dogs i gotta watch i dont step on this little fella,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63732

Gotta keep an eye out for these little guys John. Gail almost shut our big heavy sliding door to the deck on Buckley this morning, didn't even see him coming. Little bugger is fast!

Got a name for your buddy yet?

Frank

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63733

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep,fast little buggers,my wife wants to call him oliver,quick think of a name,remember hes a boy,i had thought of barkly,but thats too close to your pups name,lol.
the neighbor kids wanted us to name him "cutie pa tooty",but im afraid that if me or my wife calls for him outside my big neighbor guy might come running,lol,jk.

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63739

Yorkies aren't much of a water dog, but they don't take up much room in the boat either. :)

I would name him Titan!

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63744

my choice...D-RAY

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63748

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well,i have been overruled,lol,i did get him for my wife for our anniversery,and i did say she could name him so.....OLIVER it is,lol,ollie for short,thanks guys we tried,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63761

Dear Oliver,

Welcome to the family........ Just remember you come in second to the boat. Unless Mamas around......then you'da man. LOL

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63767

We have a chow mix and his name is Hairy Reed, The Dirty democrat. His hair hold buckets of dirt.
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63771

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
lol,little fin,you got that right,lol
robert,yukon was the same way and he was all white.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63863

I think Oliver is a great name John, and Ollie is just cute. You can imagine I often call Buckley Buck. It's just easy. Of course, he has other nicknames - Crocodile Jaw and/or Savage Sid. although he's getting better with age...

Frank

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63867

Yorkies are great boat dogs!
My girlfriend has two and we bring them out with us all the time!
They also love to swim off of the docks!
This is GiGi. She LOVES to watch the birds!
And Rocky is still a pup, he's getting used to the boats!
Attachments:

I wish every day was 85 and sunny!

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63873

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah frank,i guess the name will grow on me,lol,he just carried my shoe over to me,its way bigger than he is,i tell him no so often he thinks its his name,lol.
lol,karen,they are cute.im not yet used to little dogs,but im getting there,he is a great pup,he follows me everywhere,and stops right away if hes doing something wrong if i just tell him no,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63878

They're not mine, but they are cute, aren't they??
My dogs are a 90lb Labramutt and a 70lb Pitmutt
:)

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63950

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep,lol,im used to having a dog(wolf),that could protect US,it looks like all this little fella can protect is my slipper,lol.
i figured i would get lorraine a buddy,in case anything ever happens to me they are supposed to live 13 to 17 years.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 10 months ago #63957

He's so cute lol

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 6 months ago #71700

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well the bad news is that oliver died from parvo not very long after my last post,it broke our hearts
but 3 weeks ago we got this new little guy,named oscar,right now he is 14 weeks and weighs one pound,hes called a golden yorkie,hes bad but loveable,he loves my wife and i. i always said we woulnt put cloths on our dogs,but the little guy shivers when hes outside,here he is with his bomber jacket my mother in law bought him,lol.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 6 months ago #71702

Nice Pup John. Glad you got him.

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 6 months ago #71734

Adorable John!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 5 months ago #72019

He kinda looks like Brando in that jacket.
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 5 months ago #72043

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,and yep littlefin he is just as bad as brando,lol,hes now a whole 3 pounds but doesnt look like it.john

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73256

Hey John..read this a while ago, hows the little man? I know I mentioned in "things I miss" that I missed the days when most people had dogs larger than my foot. But I am guilty of having a happy, snorting while breathing Yorkie lay on my pillow at night! (instead of her moms) what causes that??! Dog lover since a kid and knew a neighbors dog that died from parvo, I truly wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Hope all is well with the little guy..like you said they generally have a long life. My daughter is a professional dog trainer and is co owner of Topline K9 Obedience in Raleigh N.C . Bizarre enough her "old man" is going to follow suit. After a life of operating heavy equipment and being in the tree biz ...I'm goin where my heart is at 51 years old and young Im goin to get certified and follow thru with a liftime dream...My dog a Moesgaard German shorthair on the cover of "Gun Dog" magazine (he's not born yet)
I truly believe dogs in general any size any breed make us better people..(most people)
So that being said I hope the little s*°t snorts on your pillow for the next 17 yrs!!!

Best Regards Kurt

Ps lock your wife and your dog in the trunk...come back a while later and open it up, which one will be happy to see ya and give ya kisses.

Ladies out there same applies to ...well you get it!!!
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73257

Heres a pic of my daughter and her to personal dogs, both trained in a multitude of tasks, narcotics detection, tracking, protection etc. check out her web site Im very proud some of my brain cells are actually in there...and they're working properly!!!! Topline K9Obedience Raleigh N.C
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73258

Working off of smart phone....trying again if no picture files to big
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73259

1 moe try
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73260

"Failed to move file" I give up

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73268

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
kurt,thank you,yes it is very hard to lose 2 fantastic buddies in so close a time.
this little fella has made into our lives so much,oscar is at my feet as i write this.

i also thought of using my dogs for finding lost people,i had some treeing walkers that were great trackers.

your dog is beautiful.

ok how do i post a video on here? john

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73274

Hey there..odd turned on phone site was on said I was still on? Anyway, I thought I explained about dog in pic underneath the pic something probably went wrong on my end. The dog in pic is a virtual clone of one of our shorthairs liver and roan it is owned by the breeder that I will be getting my next one from unless I can find a young enough rescue at the proper time..the dog has that same...."duh what do I do now goerge"? Look that mine had while holding a bird. Mostly all of my hunting pictures seemed to"walk of" with a live in when she moved out
Having major issues wlaptop but was able to retreive one of the only pics Skip(moesgaards holev c the third)...a dog that had 1 day left to live in animal control, shown here with the then long retired Misty. John I saw the post about wolves..I was the only person that did anything about a Wolf walking down the sidewalk of a 4 lane road straight towards a state highway a hundred yards away. Turned out after being able to coral it in a best western back lot we(the cops and I found out it was a hybrid owned by a couple from out of state visiting friends and he got out, and couldnt find his way back he was trying cuz I found out...the folks lived just on the other side of that state highway!!! Never been so close to such an awsome canine, also never heard a wolf woof and his eyes looked right thru you! I did think the whole thing was a little surreal being the fact a wolf..w/a collar on walking down the sidewalk 20 miles west of Chicago!! have a great day!

Kurt
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73275

The site is not letting me post pics?! It even made room for that one if it doesnt work this time Its the site not me
Attachments:

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73276

Getting a red bar "warning file not moved" what is going on??!!!! I didnt do anything different from when I posted the last picture.....its the Site!!

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73277

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
kurt,i hear ya,we had a pure bred black wolf,he could look right through you,with his gold eyes,he only liked me,he was the only wolf we had owned that i could not trust with others.hmm i cant post pics either,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 4 months ago #73281

john, i sure remember him at raystown lake. scared the s--t out of mark.hehe

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 3 months ago #73503

I love my German Shorthair Pointer. She is almost 100% liver.

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 3 months ago #73532

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I got tired watching her.

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 3 months ago #73550

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
robert,you need a dog box on the back of your 4 wheeler,to take her back after she gets tired.
my wife had a 3 wheeler with a basket on the front for her poodle,that dog loved it,john

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 3 months ago #73786

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
oscar after rolling around on a blanket with static.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:little yorkie pup 11 years 3 months ago #73803

Too cute!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

noimage
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)