Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: some kind of spam,my apoligies

some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60835

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks to "jepstr",i just found out that some of you got some kind of spam sent to you,from me???
i dont know how this happened,heck i didnt even know that it did happen,until jepstr sent me an email.
somehow someone must have gotten my email addresses,so i am soooooooooo sorry if this was sent to you,i assure you i didnt have anything to do with this,i dont even know what the spam is about,
but i feel terrible about this,im sooooo sorry.
how can i stop this from happening again?john
p.s. thanks todd,"jepstr",for letting me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60837

john you most likely have a virus or trojan

scan your machne for both then go online and use a free online scanners to scann again

you cant trust your anti virus it may have been turned off by a trojan or virus

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60838

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you,i have spybot search and destroy,will that work?im not that much of a computer guy.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60843

I didn't get one John but one time a Trojan or virus turned off my anti-virus and turned on my messenger. I never use it. The virus that shut me down came in over the messenger I was told. I run Super Anti-spyware at least once a week and AVG scans it everyday. Both are actually FREE and I've never had a problem. The other time I was paying for Mcafee protection when it came through. These things happen and we have to keep a sharp eye on them. If your puter does something out of the ordinary or slows down at all I run a few scans right away.

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60853

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The spam was a link to one of those "work at home and earn more than Warren Buffet" kind of scams. That is how I knew it probably wasn't from John.

It was pretty obvious that a long time contributor like John would not have sent this on his own.

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60873

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
john, just wanted to say thanks for the last e-mail from you. since i have so much money i did not need to reply to the web site. so i forward it to all the people in my address book, all 472 of them . and said that they should tell you thanks. lmho and lmao. no really john i never sent it out. i was wondering , just like todd, that was not you so i just deleted it. i have got bugs in my old computer, and found out it was infected beyound repair. that was way before you could go online and clean it up. any way it was an early apple mac. so replacing was not a big deal. take care . i still have to call you and do some BSing. frog

Re:some kind of spam,my apoligies 11 years 11 months ago #60894

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks for the support guys,and that was funny frog,lol.
i ran spybot search and destroy and it didnt find any problems???????
if it happens again ,please let me know,i dont know what to do,but i will try again to fix it.
it makes me mad that someone would do this to another person,im hoping hes local,because like it said in another nbr post,i have a back hoe that can dig 6 feet deep,lol.

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted