Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: OEM steel wheels for GM?

OEM steel wheels for GM? 12 years 1 month ago #57226

I'm about at the end of my rope searching for an OEM wheel for my 2009 GMC Canyon pickup. I've literally spent hours on the net looking. 16" wheels, 6 stud, 5 slot, plane Jane steel wheels with a silver finish. Got a bent one, need to replace it, but they list for $221 at the dealership. I got a buddy that owns a garage that can get me one for $136 with his discount, but gee, for a plain steel wheel?!? I find some that might be right on the net, but never with a picture. I'm in hopes maybe one of you good folks have insider knowledge of where to find one of these for less than a 100 bucks!

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:OEM steel wheels for GM? 12 years 1 month ago #57261

Frank,
Don't know of any off the top of my head but I'll keep an eye out. Have you tried the local junk yards yet? You'd be surprised what they have. They also have a network of others that they can check with.

Bob

Re:OEM steel wheels for GM? 12 years 1 month ago #57278

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Frank did you check with Dunston bro's over here in Clarksville? They have a prety large yard but it takes them some time to get back to you. They can usually find you what your looking for from another location if they dont have it. Also I think theres a larger place in Catskill.

Re:OEM steel wheels for GM? 12 years 1 month ago #57281

My concern with jundyards is ending up with a wheel out of round. I would much prefer a no-guesswork new one, but am having a heck of a time finding one, or at least one with a pic. Looks like auto wheel discount places have them for around 65 bucks. Junkyards on the web want 90 or 100! tomorrow I will call a few places and get their email addresses and email pics to make sure they know what I'm looking for. It is amazing to me they are this difficult to find!

Thanks guys.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)