Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker

American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55090

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
did you all watch "American Restoration" last night?
they restored a "Taylor Tot" 1940's baby stroller walker,well, ed and i got one from an antique store and im planing on restoring it when it gets warmer out and doing it along with the fire truck.

on the show they didnt have all the original parts ,and they got 1500.00 bucks ,this stroller has all the parts.

the big push handle comes off and so does the floor plate ,so it turns from a stroller to a walker,pretty cool.

i want to do it custom for someone,like a tee nee boat trailer or like an indian motorcycle,or how ever someone would like it done .you can see more on this in the trailer section
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/13-trailer-talk/49756-tee-nee-baby-strollerlol.html

it has coil spring suspension and fenders like a tee nee,lol.

it turns out the floor plate and fender skirts were options on it,heres a link to a story on one toolsmartz.blogspot.com/2007/12/taylor-tot-story.html
by the way if you think this is a shamless plug to get a few bucks in the household,....your right!,lol.john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55096

I saw that last night and was thinkin bout ya. Rick said that it was a top of the line model, but there were no fenders and it looked to be missing some beads. I was really shocked at $1500, I figgerd $400-$500, but then I thought $50 was to much with the condition & all the missing parts. Normally a theme restoration does not get top dollar. If it looks like it was commissioned by the company back in the day to sell in thier stores...ya never know

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55101

Used to pull my brothers around in one of those with my bike when I was 7. I have home movies of it.

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55107

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Very cool looking. It reminds me somewhat of a Vespa but it looks more like a lawn mower.

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55133

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah huys ,i thought it was cool as soon as i saw it,check out the custom painted ones in the trailer forum,just click on my link in my 1st post.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55213

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
heres a cool link for them 3r1enterprises.com/default.aspx

---Mark Twain

Re:American Restoration ,"taylor tot"stroller walker 12 years 3 months ago #55329

The only problem with the custom painted ones is that you leave yourself with only one or two types of buyers. Usually the custom ones like in the trailer section are owned by the hot rod, motorcycle, rockabilly crowds, and everything they own is done that way. Welding helmets, tool boxes, wall clocks, cars, bikes, bowling pins, pedal cars, etc.

I think if you go with a Tee Nee theme you are cutting your market by well over half, if not over 3/4. If it's sonmething to build and sell for $$, then I think it needs to go back original or in the original style. I think you'll sell it quicker and get more money for it in the long run.

PLUS... one thing to remember: It's easy for a hot rodder to pay big money for a nice restored model A coupe and cut it and customize it. But it's hard for a collector to pay big money for a customized Model A coupe and put it back to original....

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)