Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: we could be shut down by any boat dealer

we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54634

• MadProps
  • MadProps's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Don't Censor Our Internet!.....

Corporate supporters of Senate 968 (PIPA) and HR 3261 (SOPA) demand the ability to take down any web site (including craigslist, Wikipedia, or Google) that hurts their profits -- without prior judicial oversight or due process -- "in the name of combating "online piracy."

Black Balling the competition, this is Witch Hunting For Financial Gain..WITHOUT DUE PROCESS....Essentially this site could be shut down by any Mercury OMC or Boat Dealer

about > SOPA
www.craigslist.org/about/SOPA

The easiest way to email OpenCongress Congressional Emailer To Oppose SOPA
www.opencongress.org/contact_congress_letters/new?bill=112-h3261&position=oppose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54635

I emailed my federal senators and congressman this morning about these bills. They are being promoted by lobbyists for the big media companies (News Corp, Sony, etc.) to politicians who really don't understand what these proposed laws could do to the web. The bills only help big media corporations. They are terrible for the regular guy or gal using the web.

Frank

Re: we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54636

Hey all, I did view the link in this message. Now everytime I type in craigslist.com it goes to this site. The little rock craigslist about this law. It either puts a 'cookie' into your computer or it is a virus. My Norton did not detect it I will run a diagnostic and see. in the meantime don't go to this link. I really hate it when someone takes control of my computer. Daniel

Re: we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54639

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Fairly sure thats just because today sites are protesting the measures. Its been doing that for me since before I looked above. I think Wikipedia is shut off in protest. And goodle has sensored their goodle logo.. At the bottom of the CL page is a continue to whatever CL your looking to visit.

Re:we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54641

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
You may want to clear your browsing history file, cookies, temp. internet files, etc. Daniel if that persists. (Should be an option under the "tools" button in your browser toolbar.) I used the link on Google's home page this morning to sign the petition, didn't have any repurcusiions from that.

Mark

Re:we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54644

Yep, Jesse's right. I had the same thing with Craigslist. If you wait about 6 seconds the "continue to Craigslist" button will show up toward the bottom of the screen. Click it and your off to the site. Yes it is in protest to the SOPA/PIPA proposals.

Bob

Re:we could be shut down by any boat dealer 12 years 3 months ago #54648

THX all. Well, I probally needed to do a scan and general maintanence anyway. My last computer caught a virus and would run programs on its own. Finally had to replace it. Glad to know it is not a serious problem.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)