Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ax Men

Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54142

Anybody see him dragging his prop and trying to back up? I was gritting my teeth thinking what an asshole. And that Shelby guy trying to kill themselves. I would not want to be in a boat anywhere near him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54150

luv ax men...probably my favorite show since red green is over.they should do a half hour on shelby alone, what a character, and those two down on the suwanee are pi$$ers. what happenened to the Pelletiers...American Loggers?

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54151

I don't know. I got a charge out of that one. A friend of knows that big guy who was on it last year in Florida. I guess he beat the shit out of both the father and Son at a bar over the summer. That was no then they were filming. I'm just taking his word for it. I never knew him to lie though. Did you see that guys arm? I know it was probably all ham for the camera but I don't think it turned out like they thought.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54167

he tore it open pretty good. shelby is a maniac navigating those waters.wonder what happened to that water tractor.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54177

Just for the record... most of us southerners are not the hicks these shows make us out to be... Most of us wear shoes and have sleeves on our shirts.. lol

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54181

i can attest to that being down there twice. living 8 miles from nyc, i feel safer down there.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54182

LOL Let me tell you a secret. I once back in about 1982-83 things were horrible work wise here and I had one pair of shoes that were work boots and they were close to being worn out. I did go without shoes and had worn out bib overalls. I did anything i could for money. I remember working a 12 hour day at $1.00 an hour because my oldest son was sick and needed a prescription that cost $12.00. I had to almost beg to get that job. I wheeled a triaxle load of 2B limestone down a man's yard to make a new driveway. I had no insurance and we were not on welfare. Our family Doctor wanted him in the hospital. I had no coverage at all. I didn't even have gas to move the car. I worked on cars, trucks, our local Township anything. I remember those lean years you bet. The reason I became self employed was because there was no work here. Ask John Gibson what this area is like. It is still going downhill. So YES I did look like a bum and we shopped from yard sales and took Government cheese too. We survived to be stronger than most know. We paid our dues and us Northern Folks have gone without decent threads also. We all get that kind of stuff, OK you hear the swamprat or the hillbilly or beach bum or what ever. Sometimes it's a badge of courage that tempers the person. leave it roll off and pity those who really mean the hate. Most of us know better. It's hard to kill our spirit. I get off my soapbox. Vote for me for President :lol: :lol:

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54228

Yep Been, there done that. I was in the military aviation industry in Dallas when Nixon was elected and the military lines shut down in all of the plants around here within two months. I dug ditches, poured concrete, built gas stations, cut firewood on Saturday and delivered it.
One time while digging holes for street lights with a Ford tractor and auger, I cut a telephone cable. In 5 minutes there were 4 Ma bell cars pulling up on the job site.
One thing I did discover was don`t pull up an abandoned telephone pole next to a railroad that has one of those mile marker signs on it. $100.00 fine in 1973.

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54242

classicfins wrote:

Just for the record... most of us southerners are not the hicks these shows make us out to be... Most of us wear shoes and have sleeves on our shirts.. lol

I live in the north and avoid sleves....like my shoes though :lol:

Re:Ax Men 12 years 3 months ago #54245

Kinda goes back to the same thing, I'd like to have a dollar for every time I was called a Drunken Irishman. I was called white trash once by a fellow who had to learn to breath through a scab once. Damn that was a lesson he learned pretty fast. It seemed to tighten the screws up on his jaw too because those lips quit flapping when I was around. :ohmy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)