Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My new pole barn...

My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51848

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
...SFL style. It's the new Manta Ray Rehabilitation Facility. Started moving in today, still have some work to do on the floor. Should be finished setting up and moved in by Wednesday. It took a couple weeks for me to schedule the rain around help but last Friday we got the skin on. 30 mph wind gusts have been a challage, will get the skin tightened up when it quiets down.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51853

it looks good cat,need one for my mini back hoe,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51856

That looks like mine! I still need to install the door stuff...

Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51857

Just picked this up $100 off. It was $249.00 at local Tractor Supply last week. They made the one I've had now for years and it has survived micro-bursts and being moved and is still working although showing it's age.
Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51865

MantaRay Rehab Facility...i luv it.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51890

Cat, very nice. That will come in real handy.

Bob

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51916

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
My help couldn't make it today, got called to help with a school field trip to the IGFA Hall of Fame. This one came from HF, $299 on the web site. After looking at the site but not buying right away they emailed me a 20% off promo code. That 12x20 looks good Robert, this one is 10' wide. It's not very stable as-is, I Tapconed each leg to a 20"x20" patio block and is very stable now. The corners had holes for the straps to connect but didn't work well. I Tapconed the frame to a block and connected the straps to the auger anchors.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51917

My old one has car axles driven into the ground at the corners and tied. It's lived through winds well over 50 mph.
Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51920

Wish I lived out in the county and not in the city limits..... dang ordinances prevent it, not to mention the neighbors that would call the city to complain as soon as I pulled it out of the box!
Looks great!

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51925

That's why I live in the country!

Frank

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51959

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Phillip, sounds like we have the same neighbors. That's why I have to go this route. Want to do something perminent but she is claiming 3' of our yard, refuses to believe a survey. I can't pull permits until she stops. She has tried to have me arrested a few times. Once she reported I built an illegal shed, it was built 10 years ago and we just moved in. Turned out a permit was not pulled and now I have to tear it down a perfectly good 12'x12' wood frame shed drywalled with elec/lights and a/c because an architect did not design it.

I got most of the stuff inside set up, still need to move the gang box in to lock up the power tools. I also have to get rid of a small PVC shed I had hide behind the big shed. I'm re-using all the stone & blocks I layed down for it and the floor and wall panels for the flooring.

The do-gooders are coming Frank watch out LOL They need a vacation home in the country to get away from the mess they made in the city and just can't resist.
Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51975

Used to be here in our town you didn't need a permit for anything under 100 sq. ft. Now you need a permit for everything, but I'm an old guy and follow the old rules. In fact, I figure as long as I'm close, I'm okay. My pole barn expansion was 10 X 12 by the poles, but is more like 10 X 15 with the roof.

Got a little snow here this a.m., but my Power Cat is finally under cover! Weather guy on TV last night said this has been the 4th wettest year in 185 years of records!

Frank

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #51981

geez cat and i thought my town was bad. took me 7 months to get my garage approved. i would fight that shed teardown if i was you. ron

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52021

Cat, I agree with Ron. It was there before you bought the place. You may just be able to talk them into paying for the permit and be done, worth a shot, the most they can say is no. Just a thought.

Bob

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52029

Grandfather clause. "Past Practice"
Those diplocrats

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52048

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I tried to fight it but they just will not give on the "raised seal" signed building plans. It's unsafe if an architect did not design it. Turned out my neighbor has friends that backed her. Per code a shed has to be 10'min from the exterior wall of the house, 7' from the lot line and cannot be forward of the front most exterior wall. The lot is shaped like a slice of pie, no room for a shed. We had planned to redo the south side of the house next year. Looks like we'll be doing north side. I'll end up with a 10'x17' shop vs the 12'x12', 11.5'x20' covered work space(open end). The north(front) of the house is very plane, nice marble patio tho. Need to get the boundry dispute over to pull a permit for anything outside now. I need to pull a permit to replace the faded numbers on the mail box. They have a code for number height, so it means a "mail box" permit, with copies of an underground utility search. Codes started out to build a safe home, then the industries lobbied for them to make more money now local govt is using them just to make money. Should get the boat in and unwrapped Monday.

The M.R.R.F. is on the left side of the house in the pics.

Some before & after sims I did.
Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52050

man cat,i cant believe the hoops you city folks have to jump through,when i got my garage i didnt get a permit since it was already built.
so after i put the garage there,i went and got my 15 dollar permit for my porch/room addition,yep 15 bucks is all it is out here.
while i was there getting the permit,i asked if i should hve gotten a permit for the garage,she said yes,but gave me one anyway for ..you guessed it another 15 bucks,they dont even inspect them here.
heck when i went to build my foundation for my house it was only 5 bucks for that permit.
i love the country,we have 9 acres here,with a shooting range too,lol.

your drawing f your house looks great,i wish i knew how to do that,i would have loved to see my addition before i built it,so i had to deasign i in my mind,with out any drawings but i think it coming out ok so far,good luck cat,im pulling for ya,john
the house before the porch/room addition after(but not finished yet),lol
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52052

It's a free country. NOT

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52072

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Free to do exactly as your told.

Looks like a nice space ya built there John. I started using Punch software when I was doing residential construction www.punchsoftware.com It got me a lot of jobs being able to do a simulated 3D walk-thru for the home owner on a lap top. Rather than drawing as I measured I recorded the measurements with the Punch. An average basement finish job would take me about an hour from arrivial to detailed estimate (National Construction Estimator program) and 3D sim walk thru with the home owner. It has any feature you would want, even gives a material list. The 3D editor allows you to add or create items or adjust what is there already. Choose a couch from the library like the one you have, take a pic of your fabric and cover the sim, adjust size to yours. Thousands of objects, details down to chickens in the yard, puttin' the home owners dog in was a sure sale. Has all of Sherwin Williams colors, or mix your own. All major brand wood floors, wallpaper, tile, carpet are in the library. I have fun with it, its my video game :)

My better half has been in Brazil helping her mom after a surgery. I thought she was coming back tomorrow. Turns out next Wednesday is the day. I was looking at the wrong month on the calander. Might be able to get the MR unloaded this weekend. Pourin' rain today.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 4 months ago #52080

boy cat,i wish i had that when i had my construction company,heck i didnt get a computer until 6 years ago,lol.
i spent alot of time making my own blueprints and drawings,very time consuming,lol.
i really hated making the material lists,then going and finding out the prices for lumber that week,lol

heck my uncle had a construction company too,but was hit hard by a hurricane,it drove up the price of lumber,and he had alot of contracts to do.
he didnt have a disaster clause,he had to build those homes at the lower prices,john

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #53679

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well..it fits

My neighbor that's been giving me the most trouble was at it again the day after Christmas. He started to tear out my fence and then started cutting down palm trees. He cut down about 10 palms in the 20' range before the cops arrived to stop him. Cop refused to arrest him.
Attachments:

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #53700

like i said cat,i like it in the country if a fella was tearing out my fence here ,we just bury them deep ,and im not talking about the fence,lol,why ya think i have a backhoe,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #53763

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
john-gibson wrote:

like i said cat,i like it in the country if a fella was tearing out my fence here ,we just bury them deep ,and im not talking about the fence,lol,why ya think i have a backhoe,lol.john

That's how I learned to deal with varmits growing up in the mountians of Montana. Looking in the barrel of a 45-90 Winchester the bad guys quickly realize the error of there ways. Shotoff an ear lobe, if he complains to the cops, the cop replies, if he wanted to hurt you he would have hit both lobes with 1 shot. I like John Waynes reply to the bad guy he just shot and complains "I'm bleeding"...the Duke replies "not enough".

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #53812

Cat,
Very sorry to hear about your neighbor problem. Palms aren't cheap and sounds like a good law suit to me. The boat looks good in the new pole barn!

Bob

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54022

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
You are right about the lawsuit, but I don't think we'ld ever collect from these jerks. We're going to end up paying $1000s to put it back. They some how got a permit and are tearing the fence down now. Called the cops and again vandelizm is not a crime for these people. Now I have to drain the pool becauce there is no longer a fence or I'll go to jail. Everything is closed today, called the mayors office and left a bitchy message out of pure frustration.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54045

You sound like you have good neighbors :( Remember what comes around goes around. I'm sure you can illuminate your American Flag right into his window. Make sure you have a bright light.
When you fly your flag at night it needs to be illuminated :(
There are more ways to skin a cat (Idiot) :angry:
Good luck to you CAT!

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54061

Great idea Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54089

cat,in my opinion,the best thing you can do is hire a surveyor to mark your boundary lines,then you will have the upper hand,if you go to court.
this slime ball of a neighbor needs put in his place,im pretty easy going ,but this does make me mad,people should respect another s property,john

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54091

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cat, I feel for you big time here. I guess the old adage "good fences make good neighbors" has gone the way of the buffalo here. I too live in the country and we don't have to deal with anything close to this kind of crap. I suspect that the proximaty factor is playing in here. That said I like John's idea of a surveyor or anything along those lines. Build yourself up a strong defense and then shove it up the backside. Good luck.
shipster

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54096

John, I like your survey idea too! Then CAT*FIN*k can go from there.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54101

Ditto on the above, and good luck, Skip.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54176

A 12Ga. shotgun is a good fence too. My house is well protected here. From 357 to scatter guns. As Bill Elliot said I'm a peaceable (sp) man. B)e

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54199

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
They're onto the FU lights here. A friend is an elec contractor and have heard his stories. We had a survey done when we moved in, neighbor removed the pin and filled the hole in the sea wall. If I offer him lead I go to jail. The only recoarse we have is the courts but he does not want to play. 2 minutes and a tri-rule can show the error in his survey. My message to the Mayor might have stopped him. I got a call from my district Councelman he wanted to meet. We met yesterday, all he cared about was how he was able to get a permit with the dispute. I could not get a answer to why we're being singled out and held to a higher standard than the rest of the neighborhood. Nobody will say a word about the other neighbors dock, built the same time as ours without a permit and sticks out into the canal 10' beyond what code allows. The neighbor that started all this has 2 illegal sheds and a dozen other violations on their property, 2 door down is another shed in the same place as ours, there are hundreds of illegal in neighborhood and we are singled out.

After the fence started coming down it made our pool illegal, they take you to jail here. I got it drained Sunday. Spoke with code yesterday and draining is not good enough, have to fence or fill with sand. A pool is a safty hazard unlike the canal 15' away. Cannot get a permit for the fence, no way i'll fill it with sand! I moved the lumber pile for the dock to cover it. So far the neighbor has taken our dock, shade, trees, fence, pool and shed. The stress is killing me...would rather spill coffee in my lap at the drive thru.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54202

i sure hate people like that. I live out in the desart here in Nevada and have about and acra of land and can do almost anything I want. or at least nobody bothers me. I have run with some big bikers and could maybe send a few to just have a nice talk with your nabour just to kind of change his way of thinking.
Dam I hope you can get thing strighten out.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54211

wow cat i sure do feel bad for you,i had a bad neighbor once,we own about 9 acres ,he bought an acre from my wifes grandfather,about the same time we bought our property.
i was nice enough to let him measure it out himself and mark his own corners.
i then had the rest surveyed,then one day i came home to see posted signs on my trees,i dont post my ground i let about anybody on it.
this made me mad and it takes alot to make me mad,but i knew this guys methods ,i knew he was trying to get me to hit him(his method of making money was to sue people and companys),but i was just a little smarter then him,i had my other neighbor hide with a video camera and tape it all.
so i went to my property line just as he came out to provoke me,and i could see his wife hiding with a camera just waiting for me to hit him,which most times i would have,but i knew he wanted that,he started cursing,and i did my best and kept my cool ,this mad him madder,especially when my other neighbor came out of hiding with the video camera,so to make a long story short ,i made him take down the posters off of my trees and have it on video to this day.
after that i never had another problem with him.
especially since the dummy put one of his corners within 10 feet of his mobile home,i told him if i had anymore trouble ,that i would buy goats and pigs and pen them right there outside of his bedroom window.lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54235

I don't want to provoke anyone so I've been quiet but my old neighbor where I used to live had my rifle pointed at his head. It got to the point where if I went outside he would go in. I noticed that so I went outside all the time. I waited until they got home from work around 3 am, waited for the lights to go out and go our and fire the tractor up and mow grass. They in the mornings and if I was home I was sure making lots of noise. I'd weedeat the without cutting. I did everything I could to piss him off. And this was all because he started it. They did move. The shotgun was always insight when I worked outside. I was done F___King done with him and he knew it. I had pizza delivered to his house from his competitors and such too. They had an italian restaurant and bar. I would shoot his tomato plants off with a BB gun in the spring so they thought they had cut worms. They put their garden right on the line thinking it pissed me off. I didn't care. I won't go into how it started but he was damn sorry he did.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54249

I went through all kinds of BS with the old guy who owns propertybehind me 3 yrs ago. Said all the trash on his property was on my property.I told the city inspector that if it was my property to prove it. Went to city hall with him and showed the inspector it was not my propery and to quit hasseling me.Found out it cost the old guy about 10 thou. to get everything cleaned up tp the way I liked it. I kept calling the state inspectors on him.As for shooting tomatos He dont grow any but I give the kids in the nieghborhood a couple of bucks to make sure there is allways something for him to pick up in his yard. Payback is a bitch somedays. Skip.

Re:My new pole barn... 12 years 3 months ago #54329

When I first moved to the country in 72 I bought 5 acres. I had it surveyed for building purposes. The neighbor on the north boundry said my survey stakes were on his property.
So I called him up and told him who my surveyer was. He had it resurveyed and found out my surveyer was correct. No problems since.
But it cost him a chunk.
Later he tried to go after my neighbor to the west of me and it cost him another chunk.

Now when I bought some land in the U.P of Michigan I was told (asked not to put up any gates or fences.) I did as they asked. I'm am not up dere that much but those neigbors whatch that property as if it was there own and would tell me if any strangers were nosing around. Don't mess with a Yooper.
They respect other peoples property as long as you respect theres .
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)