Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 7 to 7, 6 to 6 , 6 to 7..WTF.....

7 to 7, 6 to 6 , 6 to 7..WTF..... 12 years 6 months ago #47753

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
well i borrowed a friends trailer so i could haul my loader up to pennsy tomorrow night. one problem..the trailer has a blade socket plug and my truck has a pin plug. no big thing, just get a converter/adapter right. YEAH RIGHT!
i found a place that makes up the converter plugs. drove 40 miles (round trip)to find out,
and pay double ($70) for what napa had yesterday.
i couldn't understand why no one had 6 blade to 7 pin converters. i spent a few hours searchin trailer web sites for a 7 to 6 plug. when i got to ny trailer i explained what i needed and they told me they never heard of a 6 blade converter. they showed me the ones they always make up and i said that's it. a 6 blade male plug. so he says that's not a six that's a seven. so the jersey came out in me and i sarcasticly counted the blades in front of him...1 2 3 4 5 6, then he takes the plug, points to the middle and says seven!!! so i say what the hell is that?? a recessed round hole and he says they count that as seven! WTF you gotta be kiddin me, that's not a metal blade. i could of picked this up at napa (frank searched it for me ) but they said didn't have 6 blade converters. i wish the guy would of took it out and explained it to me but, NOOOOO, i had to end up payin double to have one made up. so it took him 15 min. to wire one up and he brings it out to the counter. i look at the end that plugs into my truck and it is not the same. he says this is the plug for a factory install trailer tow package for a chevy silverado 3500. i tell him no its not. this will not fit my mason dump! so he counters with oh "you didn't say it was a mason dump. then you don't have a factory installed plug. the dump body doesn't come from the factory, its added on afterwards and thats the reason you need a different plug." by now i'm totally exasperrated (i think thats the word) and he starts laughing. so i got my converter so i can haul my tractor to pennsy tomorrow night with lights. i tell ya the person responsible for calling a plug with 6 blades a 7 blade converter should be whiplashed. RON

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:7 to 7, 6 to 6 , 6 to 7..WTF..... 12 years 6 months ago #47784

LOL I understand...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)