Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: "New" north yard

"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47714

When we 1st moved here, there was a small (12 X 20) pole barn in our north yard. While handy, you could not back anything in with a tow vehicle, there was too much stuff in the way. Over time, we removed the big old BBQ pit, cut the huge oak down, and burned the remaining stump down. Sunday my next door neighbor Keith came over with his John Deere backhoe and moved a big pile of top soil we had at the bottom of our driveway (on the south send of our property) to the north yard. while he was smoothing it out, he also removed this gigantic rock we always had to mow around. What a guy!

This is great in part because we are in the middle of expanding the pole barn. I set the poles earlier this year for a 10' addition to make it 12 X 30, and plan on backing the boat into the new space for winter, and maybe for summer too, now that it will be easy to do.

Frank

Also Sunday my son Gregg helped me move and re-stack all this free wood I got a few years ago. It is now close to where I hope to use it to build a greenhouse from recycled materials.

More to come!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47715

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Lookin' good up there Frank! Sometimes there's no substitute for having the right equipment for the job, huh. (AND good neighbors, of course.) ;)

Mark

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47716

Thanks Mark. Yes, we have one good neighbor, and he has great equipment. I help him out with stuff I can do (welding), and he helps me out when we need it. I couldn't accomplish a project like this without his help, no question about that!

Frank

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47719

Having good friends and neighbors is a good asset to have. Also being the good neighbor and friend is a better way of showing your appreciation of them to them. Keep up the good policy and it will last for life.

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47720

he did a great job leveling that pile frank.
it will be great when you get the pole barn done,i need to put an addition to the garage,no place to put boats,lol.
im glad to see your getting stuff done but dont over do it frank,your in as bad of shape as i am,lol.
i have to put a new hose and change the hydro oil,and regular oil in mini back hoe,before we get snow,its my only way to plow.
this little backhoe is an 1988 teremite,i put the whole house in,and the driveway/parking area,and septic in with it,i also dug out for the garage,and oh yeah ,its great to lift boats so you can get at the bottom lol,john p.s. look at this poplar stump it dug out the roots in the center went down about 5 foot or more,and the machine only has a 20 hp kolher magnum motor in it,tough little bugger.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47722

That's a nice little machine ya got there John. Trust me, I know what they can do, neighbors both sides of me have backhoes and are on them all the time doing stuff. Not in the cards for us I'm afraid, but I could sure use one!

Gonna buy the 2X4's (16'ers) this weekend, see when I can get them up. Ron and Sue are coming up Saturday, I'm putting new springs on his trailer. I think Gregg has to work Saturday anyways, and I'll need his help to get the 2X4's in place. Metal roof is about 200 bucks, and that's gonna have to wait a bit. I figure when I get the 2X4's up I can at least have a better foundation for a tarp if nothing else.

Gonna buy some grass seed today and seed that north yard tonight, then drive back & forth over it with the pickup to get the soil compacted. It's still pretty loose.

Busy!

Frank

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47755

frank, TWO THINGS.....rake over the seed before you tamp it down, and i can help you lift the 2x4's in place. see ya saturday.
oh yeah...and i luv tractors too..
Attachments:

Re:"New" north yard 12 years 6 months ago #47756

Ooops, already done Ron. Needed to get done before the sun went down, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow and the day after and the day after, etc. That is apparently what it does now, rain all the darn time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyways, it is what it is. If it doesn't come up well next spring, we'll try again. No biggie.

Geez, 40 bucks for a bag of grass seed?!? What's the world coming to? Guess I shoulda been a 1%er...

Here's some pics!

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)