Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: going camping.

going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #46729

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i will be gone until monday,and the neighbor just told me our other neighbor was robbed at a house he has above us that nobody lives in,i guess they took alot of stuff like farm machinery,and the guy lives right next door.
my neighbor that told me about it lives across the road and said he will watch my house while im gone,this is why there is a 357 mag,beside my bed,heck we never had problems like this before,im in the country,and a couple of weeks ago there were people breaking into houses around here,thank goodness they caught those ones.
well i have alot to do yet to get ready,see ya all later,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #46733

John if you get broken into I will help you track them into their hole.

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #46805

crap did i go to the wrong house. i was after that horse. :angry:

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47070

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
finally home,everything looks ok,and thanks bob.
lol ron thanks buddy.
we had a good time but we had to rewire the pavillion that we had to plug into.
when we plugged our campers into the new 30 amp recepticals they put in the pavillion,it blew our breakers,whoever wired them used double 30 amp breakers,so we had 220 volts into the campers.
my brother in law eliminated the red lead,and that fixed it.
im hoping that it didnt hurt the campers so far so good,i love camping but its good to be back home,john
our camper and truck my in laws camper.
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47101

Hi John,
Glad you had a great camping trip. Also glad you got home with no problems.
I too have a 357 magnum close by. I also have a concealed pistol permit here in Mi Beware bad guys
My RV is winterized and covered for the winter.
Dave

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47133

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks dave,yeah i even take the 357 in the camper.
i think our problem at home with the crime going up is that there is a county jail AND a maximum security prison about a mile away,i lso have my wolf,lol,he scares most away,except hes gotten old and not as healthy.but hes still big.
i got half my rain gutters up tonight,i was out there with a flashlight,after that ill winterize the camper,john

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47141

John, you do your own rain gutters? No seamless? I got a quote on seamless and about fell off a cliff! Regular kind for me I guess...

Frank

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47144

i removed my gutters in pennsy many years ago, because of ice dam build-up. i had nice cocoa brown vinyl gutters and leaders that matched my window trim. for a few years i had heat cable attached to the shingles but removed it after hearing of a house that burned down because of faulty cable. ron

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47152

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank yep i do,i had the vinyl gutters up for 12 years,but they are junk,the rubber gaskets go bad in just a few years,so i went back to aluminum,i have half of them up,i worked last nite untill 9 pm,with a flash light,because i had stopped just above my window and had to take the car for inspection,we are getting rain now,i still have to put the downspouts in,but at least its not above the window,lol.
i agree ron i dont trust the heat cables.john

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47156

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
pic of whats done so far,not much,lol,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47162

John, so you'll just have 2 downspouts off that left side on the pic?

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47168

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank there will be just one downspout on the left side of the pic,its sloped 1/4 inch per section,ill have the same thing on the right side of the house,just pitched the other way,i have pipe buried that runs next to my footer,that goes all the way down to the woods,where it spills out,it keeps my basement dry.john

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47178

So you'll have one from both sides of the peak right? I just can't see the back side, correct?

That's what I finally hope to do here this year, i.e., bury perforated pipe that will collect water coming downslope toward the house into a solid pipe system that will collect my rain gutter drains and take everything out back to a swale that feeds the wetlands out back. I hope...

Frank

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47198

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank here is a better look at the front of the house,i will have gutters on both sides of the porch /room,then put in the inside corners and run it to each side of the house,thats where my pipes come up out of the grond for the spouts,i have pipe coming up at all 4 corners of the house. in thisold pic you can see some of the old gutter,then on the back of the house is just a straight run,with no corners,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47202

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well those cowardly crooks trid to break into an old trailer that my father in law owns,just 200 yeards from my house,no one lives in it,he bought the property and the trailer was already on it.
my wife and i were headed to go get me an m r i on my knee,and when we went past you can see a window broken out,then when steve came down with his pistol,we got a closer look,it looks like they tried to pry open one window and broke it,then must have tryed to break into a plexiglass window,it was broken but it looks like they didnt get inside,thank goodness,but this keeps up,some punk is going to get shot.john

---Mark Twain

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47216

john, in the state of pennsy make sure he is on your property after he's shot. thats what a trooper told me years ago. i know of an incident where a guy shot someone stealin his car as he was pulling out of the driveway. car ended up on the road 20 ft. off his property. the shooter called police and backed up the car onto his driveway. guy was unconscious but didn't die.

Re:going camping. 12 years 6 months ago #47255

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
lol,dont worry ron,both of my uncles were 3 time state champions at shooting and 1 placed 4th in the nationals,they taught me to shoot,and i had a few trophys of my own,the theif will drop in his tracks,especially if he tries to get into the house.
now dont get me wrong i hate any kind of violence,but i have a wife and home to protect.john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'